A Switchgear System Engineer is a key member of the User Interface Team, responsible for the on time, on quality and on cost delivery of components onto new carlines and model years in accordance with the business and Switchgear specific development processes.
- Write, interpret and apply Detailed Component Engineering Specifications.
- Ensure that all targets & requirements are met.
- Complete RFQ'S, Design Enquiries to obtain feasibility, costs and timing for modifications and engage with Programme and Design teams to agree requirements and deliverables.
- Produce & manage timing plans to support successful delivery for to PCDS deliverable requirements.
- Coordinate & manage suppliers on design & delivery.
- Raise and manage engineering releases.
- Support all builds, virtual and real (including labcar & rigs).
- Ability to understand the wider electrical system Confident in the application of PCDS, DVP and Gateway disciplines.
- Candidates must be committed, flexible and able to work under pressure.
- Experience in automotive communication networks such as CAN and LIN.
- Knowledge of automotive plastics and finishing processes, and interior illumination design. HMI experience would be a distinct advantage.
- Self-motivated and able to deliver with minimum supervision.