£20 - 23 per hour
Title: SW Planning Engineer (Powertrain Engine Controls)
Rate: Up to £23.00 per hour (Inside IR35)
Contract Position based at: Basildon, Essex
SW Planning Engineer (Powertrain Engine Controls)
The ECM (Engine Control Module) SW Planning role is a technical role to develop and maintain Diesel ECM software development delivery plans, to track and report program deliverables, and gain alignment on software content and release timing to support a variant of legacy and future commercial vehicle diesel applications.
Excellent Supplier management skills are required to ensure content and timing is achieved, and the successful candidate will have a proven track record of presenting complex functional implementation plans to a senior management leadership team.
- Understanding of Software development process, EU diesel ECM software architecture and business models, and Software V cycle (development through to testing and signoff).
- Proven ability to work with and direct external software suppliers.
- Office software capabilities (Microsoft Packages).
- Proven ability to communicate and work effectively with others in a global context.
- Self-motivated with excellent team building and leadership skills.
- Demonstrable experience of working independently.
- Experience in software controls development.
- Experience of program gateway paper development and Senior management reporting.
- Experience with software project management software (Agile tools).
Educated to Degree level in suitable Engineering, Science or Business remit.
Industry recognised Project Management qualifications (e.g. Prince2, AgilePM etc.) advantageous.
Please contact James Tilley for more details.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.