£20 - 23 per hour
Powertrain HIL Rig Design and Test Engineer
Rate: Up to £23.00 per hour (Inside IR35) - AWR rate increase applies after 12 weeks
Contract Position based at: Basildon, Essex
Powertrain HIL rig design and test engineer. This role is responsible for the design and running of a dSpace based Powertrain HIL rig.
- Interrogate vehicle architecture documents in order to understand the design requirements of the HIL (Hardware In the Loop) simulation rig.
- Design and specify the HIL rig hardware.
- Develop and integrate the Simulink plant models that will run on the rig to simulate the vehicle behaviour.
- Interrogate vehicle system behaviour specification and write corresponding automated tests that will run on the HIL rig.
- Run the tests and debug the environment in order to sign off vehicle level control features.
- Understand complex vehicle and powertrain features and write automated tests to validate the features in the ECUTest test automation tool.
- Experience in designing and running robust software tests.
- Significant experience in the Matlab Simulink tool chain.
- Experience of control theory.
- Proven ability to communicate and work with others.
- Very fluent technical English.
- Understanding of SW development processes.
- Use of Agile tool chains e.g. JIRA, GitHub or similar.
- Significant experience in HIL rig use and development.
- Significant experience of vehicle systems architectures.
- Experience of dSpace HIL rig hardware and software tools.
- Experience of ATI Vision and/or ETAS INCA calibration tools.
- Experience of vehicle diagnostics systems.
- Experience using ECUTest test scripting tool or similar.
- Experience of writing Python scripts.
- Agile Software development.
Honours Bachelor’s degree in Science or Engineering discipline with 2:1 or above.
** THIS POSITION IS INSIDE IR35**
Please contact James Tilley for more details.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.