- Sector: Naval & Marine
- Function: Project & Programme Management
- Contact: Jade Whitmore
- Contact Email: Jade.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Phone: 00000
- Expiry Date: 22 December 2021
- Job Ref: 59656
Job title: Sustainability & Environmental Protection Consultant
Salary Range: Competitive up to £50k base + range of benefits
Location: Can be based at either Bath, Plymouth, Fareham or Weymouth. There is an option for flexible working and working from home. You will also be required to visit clients on site regularly.
You will be working for a leading Defence client whos clients consist of Naval, Marine and general defence. As part of our clients growth plans, we are looking for a Senior Sustainability Consultant to join their Asset Performance Services business line. You will be responsible for enhancing the existing environmental protection and sustainability consultancy team by providing support to project delivery.
- As Senior Sustainability Consultant, you will enjoy a varied role as you support the Capability Lead in the development of sustainability and environmental protection initiatives in projects.
- Additionally, you will provide technical input to sustainability / environmental protection bids and technical guidance for sustainability projects undertaken by the APS sustainability consultant(s).
- You will develop, produce and participate in the production of excellently prepared and grammatically accurate technical reports, relevant to the Sustainability discipline; alongside providing a 'checking' function for the quality assurance of technical deliverables of project reports and bids to clients
- As Senior Sustainability Consultant you will have the opportunity to support business development activities and liaise with clients and end users on environmental protection, sustainability and compliance issues.
- You will also identify opportunities to develop external relationships by supporting discussions with clients and partner organisations, as requested by the business.
- In this role you will actively participate in engagement with academia to provide expertise and advice on the future of the Sustainability discipline in the Defence sector, with a particular focus upon the maritime domain.
As a Sustainability Consultant, you should have the following skills or experience:
- We are looking for an enthusiastic, dynamic and flexible team member, who holds significant experience in applying sustainability management practices to help clients meet their sustainability and environmental protection obligations and improve the sustainability of their assets
- You will hold a first or second degree in an environmental subject, preferably Sustainability and/or Environmental Management, or have completed the IEMA Practitioner examinations. Alternatively, you may hold a first or second degree in an engineering subject and be working towards or have achieved Chartership.
- Experience in the maritime and/or defence domains
- Knowledge of statutory environmental legislation and how to attain, and manage, legislation compliance
- Experience in undertaking and managing carbon assessments and formulating strategies towards NetZero 2050
- Effective communication skills and ability to present professionally, both verbally and in writing
- Self-motivated and proactive approach to continual professional development - we value professional qualifications and professional registration with appropriate bodies, such as IEMA, and we can provide support, training, and tailored experience for you to achieve these, if not already held.
- Please note - to be considered for this role you must both be resident in the UK and have the right to work in the UK with no restrictions. Additionally, you must be eligible to obtain UK security clearance at SC level.
This company has one of the best benefits packages on the markets and in return for your commitment, will offer you the following:
- Competitive base salary of up to £45k
- Private Medical Insurance
- Eye test and glasses contribution vouchers
- Cycle to work scheme
- Annual flu jab voucher
- Flexible working and options to work from home
- 26 days annual leave + public holidays
- Holiday trading options up to 10 days per year
- My benefit discount- online discount portal for shopping
- Wellbeing fund- £250 per year voucher to use towards a hobby or interest that promotes physical or mental wellbeing.
- Very competitive pension scheme along with profession pension advice
- Salary and performance reviews
- + MORE (full brochure sent upon application)
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Sustainability Consultant role, please contact Jade Whitmore at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446133 or email@example.com.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.