almost 2 years ago
Suspension Design Engineer
A Suspension Design Engineer is required with knowledge of suspension parts development requirements and manufacturing requirements.
The Suspension Design Engineer is responsible for technical design and development of suspension components and systems, in support of vehicle development programs. This role will work closely with the rest of the Chassis team to insure the suspension system performs as expected as a part of the larger overall chassis system. Interface with other engineering and test teams is critical to ensure expected performance of components. Throughout the development cycle of new vehicles, this role will also become involved in various other activities such as vehicle testing, manufacturing trials, and quality assessments. You will also be exposed to and be expected to participate in the engineering activities related to the component budget setting and cost monitoring during the development, in conjunction with the commodity buyer.
This company based in Cranfield requires a Suspension Design Engineer with experience of vehicle packaging, and vehicle durability for a new contract role. As a Suspension Design Engineer, you will be required to:
- Be responsible for the design of suspension tuning components (springs / stabiliser bars / top mounts / bump stops / bushes / strut bearings) that are aligned with best-in-class handling and comfort
- Perform CAD operation in NX Teamcenter
- Optimise designs within the vehicle package space
- Generate engineering data (models, drawings, specs) to allow manufacture of these designs
- Participate in the sourcing process and interface with the supply chain team and suppliers as required
- Ensure the proper application of new designs on development vehicle builds
- Establish manufacturing, assembly and service feasibility
- Complete and release system, sub-system and detail designs into the bill of materials
- Preform root cause analysis on warranty concerns and develop suitable countermeasures
- Establish clear Budget and subsequent validation of cost monitoring throughout the development.
- Complete component and system validation, ensuring performance targets are met
The Suspension Design Engineer should have the following skills or experience:
- Engineering degree, or equivalent
- Suspension development with major automotive OEM or first tier supplier.
- Experience of vehicle packaging, and vehicle durability requirements.
- Knowledge of suspension parts development requirements and manufacturing requirements.
- Engineering degree or equivalent
- Experience of working on multiple projects, and ability to prioritise own workload
- Ability to act on own initiative, work to deadlines, and keep commitments
- Experienced team player, with ability to motivate and guide colleagues toward timely delivery against objectives.
- Ability to develop excellent working relationships and effective communication with colleagues in the global organisation and supplier network.
- Skill to manage the suspension development Suppliers and internal process within the project schedule.
- Knowledge of resolving development, launch and warranty issues related with suspension components and sub systems.
- Problem solving skill using logical process (Problem Analysis, FTA)
- Cost benchmarking skill
- Use of 3D viewing tools (NX Teamcentre) and release tools
- MS Office software / Excel advanced level
If you have any questions about the Suspension Design Engineer role or would like to apply, please contact Tina Field at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01268 889259.
Unfortunately candidates requiring visa sponsorship CANNOT be considered for this role. To apply you MUST have either an EU/UK passport or a Visa that does not require sponsorship