Chassis Design Engineer / Suspension, Braking, Steering Design Engineer
Our client is looking for experienced Suspension, Braking and Steering Design Engineers to join their team. A world-leading automotive design company, we have gained a global reputation as a pioneer of lightweight and efficient vehicles, taking a highly innovative approach to all aspects of vehicle design, development and production.
The key elements of the Chassis Design Engineering function are to ensure the compatibility of design solutions against the vehicle specification, integrate hardware with styled themes and to work with the Engineering group of the company to ensure the design output is aligned with structural parameters. In addition to design tooling, jigs and fixtures and support vehicle build. The role will require a close working relationship with other function groups to ensure Vehicle technical specifications are met with regard to function, cost and performance.
Principle duties and responsibilities within the Chassis department:
- Reporting to the Chief Engineer - Vehicle Engineering & Simulation, you will be responsible for Design activities in the chassis design team
- Responsibility for designing chassis systems; including steering Racks, EPAS steering columns, suspension components, wheels, brake systems using Catia V5
- You will be required to keep up to date with latest technologies in the industry
- You will be required to liaise with the prototype workshop to define components and support test vehicle build
- Liaise with project management and purchasing to ensure budgetary and timing plans are met
- Ensure designs meet with all relevant regulatory requirements
- Conduct meeting with suppliers and technical partners
- Schedule own activities to promote engineering deliverables that meet required specifications
Experience and Qualifications:
- Degree qualified, preferably a degree in mechanical engineering
- Experience in motorsport and sports cars is desirable
- Ideally skilled in working with CATIA V5 and using Excel
- Capable of carrying out hand calculations for components and correct material choices
- Have some knowledge & experience of EPAS, active suspension systems
- Understanding of bush design for NVH, ride and handling
- Good working knowledge of ABS, ESC and TC
- Ability to use FEA software would be an advantage
- Have original minds and great drive for implementing their ideas and achieving their goals
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.