£40k - 45k per year
Job title: Survivability Engineer
Salary Range: £40,000 to £45,000 per annum
Overtime: Time and ½ after 37.5 hours
Hours: 37.5-hour week
Location: Telford, Shropshire
Permanent role working for a leading defence/military design and manufacturing client.
4 Survivability Engineers are required with knowledge and experience of diverse survivability areas ranging conventional passive armour systems to areas such as the latest active protection developments, fire suppression and laser warning capabilities.
The Survivability Engineerswill be working within a growing team of multi-skilled engineers and specialists, helping to develop, test, field and support survivability solutions Candidates with FEA, CFD or other modelling and simulation capabilities – MATLAB and Land military platform domain experience will be well received.
Due to expansion this MOD/Defence client based in Telford, Shropshire requires 4 dynamic, leading Survivability Engineerson a permanent basis. As a Survivability Engineeryou will be required to:
- Undertaking survivability assessments and developing solutions to meet customer requirements involving: survivability balancing, vulnerability/threat analysis, ballistic calculation and analysis, blast assessment etc.
- Development, integration and evaluation of the latest survivability technologies in fields such as Fire Detection and Suppression Systems (FDSS), Laser Warning Systems (LWS) , Active Protection Systems (APS), blast and ballistic armour protection and utilisation of signature management techniques.
- Generating mechanical design concepts, specifications, solutions and technical data packs
- Conducting survivability trials and testing activities in key areas such as blast, ballistics, fire suppression and the wider survivability field, including the development of trials hardware, plans and reports.
The Survivability Engineersshould have the following skills or experience:
- Degree or equivalent qualification or experience within a relevant engineering discipline
- Engineering, materials or physics background with experience in analytical evaluation, problem solving and engineering design.
- Experience within a complex engineering environment such as: defence, automotive, aerospace, nuclear, etc.
- Experience in planning, estimating and operating small to medium projects
- Enthusiastic and dedicated outlook with the desire to develop personally and the ability to operate both independently and as part of a wider project team.
- CAD skills – ability to interrogate models and construct concepts
- Good written and verbal presentation skills.
- Ability to hold UK SC security clearance or higher
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with expert knowledge of Survivability engineering within an MOD/Defence manufacturing company. In return for your experience, this Telford based defence specialist will offer you:
- Full time permanent contract
- 37.5 hour working week
- £40,000 to £45,000 per annum plus benefit package
- Annual Company Bonus of 5 -7.5%
- 25 days holiday plus 8 statutory days
- Contribution pension
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge of Survivability within the manufacturing and defence field and want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Survivability Engineer role, please contact Matt Johnson at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446116
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.