Job title: Surface Grinder
Salary Range: Up to £14ph
Industry/ Strapline: Aerospace/Engineering
A Surface Grinder is required with knowledge of Jones and Shipmen grinders and working to tight tolerances. Candidates with experience of the engineering industry with previous grinding knowledge would be well received.
Due to company growth, based in Birmingham requires a skilled surface grinder with Jones and shipmen experience for a new permanent role. As a Surface Grinder you will be required to:
- Set & operate Universal Grinder (External/Internal) & Surface Grinder.
- Confident in working to close dimensional tolerances (ie 2.5 microns).
- Working with a range of materials from soft to extremely hard.
- Work using your own initiative in planning, how to approach an operation from a "one off" to large batches.
The Surface Grinder should have the following skills or experience:
- Must have experience using a Jones and Shipmen grinder previously.
- Must be able to read and interpret technical drawings.
- Competent in the use of measuring equipment - Comparators/Air gauges etc.
- Have health and safety understanding and work within these parameters at all times.
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with knowledge of Surface grinding with Jones and Shipmen grinders to develop your career. In return for your experience, this aerospace-based rapidly growing company will offer you:
- Up to £14ph (39 hours contracted per week) - possibility of overtime
- Other - such as career development etc.
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge of grinding and working to tight tolerances and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Surface Grinder role, please contact Ryan North at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446195.