Up to £26500.00 per annum + training, benefits & career progress
almost 2 years ago
Shift Support Engineer - Kettering
£26,500/year starting salary
3-on 3-off shift pattern
Warehouse Automation - market leading specialist
An excellent opportunity has been created for an aspiring multi skilled engineer to join a market leading integrator of Warehouse Automation Systems at a an automated distribution centre in Kettering, Northants.
Our client has a significant and growing presence across 4 continents and are held in high regard by their staff as a company that can offer unparalleled training and career development opportunities for aspiring engineers.
Reporting to the Shift Supervisor, you will be eager though safety conscious with a track record of diagnosing problems in a multi-skilled maintenance role and in doing so taking them through to successful completion. We hope will be a fast learner with a logical approach to your work and have aspirations to grow your career with a leading player in the ever-growing Warehouse Automation industry.
Overview of the Role:
We are looking for someone with experience of dealing with electro mechanical faults and preventative maintenance operations. An interest data research and knowledge base creation to support an operation will also be helpful.
This opportunity requires a wide range of skills including but not limited to the following,
- Preventative maintenance of electro mechanical handling equipment including - Automation Equipment & Conveyors (On-site training will be provided)
- Reading electrical drawings
- Working with 415V motor controls
- Carrying out risk assessments
- An appreciation of PLCs/control systems
- Be safety conscious
- Flexibility where required to cover the Maintenance Team's holidays or sickness
- Routine maintenance and inspections
- Holding or working towards a recognised Electrical Qualification (NVQ Level 3 or equivalent)
- 17th Edition wiring regulations (preferred - not essential)
- Experience of working on electro mechanical equipment
- Be able to work at height
- A logical mind towards learning new skills and working in a fast paced yet organised environment
- Occasionally covering shifts for colleagues
In return you can expect the following career and package:
- A diverse array of career progression options both at home and abroad
- An opportunity to be at the forefront of new projects on behalf of premium, global brand names
- Starting salary of £26,500/year including shift allowance
- Flexible health care plan
- Pension contribution up to 6% matched
- Overtime available
- Opportunity to work in a cutting edge and clean Warehouse Automation environment
- Top quality training opportunities throughout your career
- Supportive and innovative team and management
- 3-on/3-off shift pattern (days/nights shifts)
This is an excellent opportunity for a qualified aspiring multi skilled engineer who and is looking to develop a career within a leading automation warehouse brand. As a Shift Support Engineer, you can work across a variety of sectors, with a variety of different teams and people. This genuinely is a company that can take your career anywhere in the world and as far as your own work ethic and drive takes you.
If you are interested or would like to discuss further, please press 'apply' or contact Colin Reeves in confidence on 01384 446121.