£40000.00 - £50000 per annum
over 1 year ago
Job Title: Supply Quality Engineer
Permanent Salary: Negotiable Dependant on Experience
Our client is an award-winning business that develop and manufacturing a revolutionary solar power service that transforms the lives of off-grid consumers.
Their products and technical solutions extend from solar charging, high-efficiency lighting, low energy appliances and smartphone based field tools, through to end-to-end network solutions, mobile communications and payment processing.
- Our client takes pride in delivering high quality robust products, but it is also a business imperative that they perform well as failures and customer dissatisfaction result in an immediate revenue loss.
- With increases in production and installation rates, the role of Product Quality Engineer sits within the product team to lead our response to reported defects and to drive product quality improvement.
- You will be working with technical resources in our East and West Africa centres to assist them with providing first level support to our distribution partners, and with the UK-based Product Development team and our manufacturing partner and suppliers in the Far East to drive design and manufacturing improvement actions.
- Successful candidates will be motivated team players with a demonstrated ability to rise to challenges in a dynamic and rapidly evolving work environment, tempered with the maturity to create robust solutions.
- Co-ordinate and manage the analysis of field product returns in conjunction with our distribution partners and regional centres
- Lead the investigation of product failures to identify root causes and the associated corrective actions
- Work with the Product Team and our manufacturing partner and suppliers to drive the implementation of containment and corrective actions.
- Work with the Product Team to develop test and analysis methods for returned parts.
- Develop 8D Reports, Service Notifications, Repair WIs, etc., as required.
- Define and deploy a returned product analysis system and reporting database.
- Monthly reporting of field product quality performance.
- The role is a hands-on position working for a small SME business, working within a engaged team.
- Degree in Electrical Engineering, Physics, Computer Sciences or a related discipline
- 2/3 years' experience of product development, product test or similar role.
- Familiar with high volume manufacturing process (preferably electronics)
- Strong knowledge in electrical test and measurement methods
- Experience of working with structured problem solving methodologies, such as 8D, and working within systems such as ISO9001, TS16949, etc.
- A self-starter with excellent technical and problem solving skills with the capability to rapidly grasp the basics of new tools and processes.
- Attention to detail and commitment to quality
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- The ability to speak Mandarin would be advantageous.
If you are interested in applying for this role or would like more information please contact Lee Elwell on 01384 446 154 (Direct Line) or your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.