£14 - 17 per hour
Supply Network Specialist
Up to £17.00 per hour (Umbrella)
Division: Materials & Logistics
Hours - Mon to Thurs (7am to 3pm) Friday (7am to 11am)
A Supply Network Specialist opportunity has become available for one of the world’s leading manufacturers of off-highway machinery and diesel and natural gas engines.
As Supply Network Specialist you will perform technical support functions related to the purchase, control, quality, and logistics of parts, assemblies, and product. Interacts with various Materials Management Systems to maintain pertinent Product Data Base Structures, implement Engineering Change, coordinate New Product Introductions, coordinate and control inventory levels, perform or coordinate quality audits, schedule interplant and supplier purchased parts and materials, etc, and resolve related grief.
- Determines method of supplying components either by procurement, subcontract, or in-house manufacturing.
- Sourcing and price negotiation on consumable items as and when required, raising relevant paperwork etc.
- Initiates sales order, places purchase order and processes paperwork on purchased finished products and service part orders in line with P&S Grimbergen demand. Requisitions material and establishes sequential delivery dates to departments, according to job order priorities and material availability. Prepares and enters purchase orders. Coordinating P&S part kitting. Ordering transport and managing returnable stillages.
- Co-ordinating with all relevant departments for NPI movement and organising route cards, drawings and parts.
- Discuss defective, unacceptable goods or services with inspection, quality control personnel, user, vendor, and others to determine root cause and take corrective action. Manage NCM meetings alongside Quality, Good In, Operations and Cycle Counter liaising with relevant contacts to control and reduce NCM.
- Work alongside Material Planning Supervisor to establish weekly build, releasing and controlling work orders and route cards.
- Daily / monthly / weekly reporting and consolidation.
- Support material planner based in Leicester being their first point of contact within Stockton.
- Managing and resolving invoice queries both direct and indirect.
- Supporting first operations and Kanban card management.
- Any additional support required by Material Planning Supervisors.
Knowledge of material control, purchasing, inventory control, manufacturing operations; and processes a working knowledge of their various data processing systems.
The incumbent must be able to communicate and work with all levels of personnel both inside and outside the company. Good knowledge of Microsoft Office, in particular Excel.
To apply, please submit a copy of your CV clearly indicating your relevant experience. Suitable candidates will be contacted. Unfortunately candidates requiring visa sponsorship CANNOT be considered for this role.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.