about 1 year ago
Seeking a Supply Collaboration Engineer to work for one of the world's leading providers of diesel and gas engines based in Peterborough.
As Supplier Collaboration Engineer you will interface with Suppliers and Procurement to ensure early supplier collaboration on design for manufacturability, assembly and costs as well as adherence to APQP guidelines.
- Lead Cost Modeling activities that support the setting of Target Costs and managing product cost to achieve target while optimising value.
- Analysis, and documentation of cost information for new product development, design and cost improvement, maintenance, make versus buy, and other special projects.
- Meet product cost, quality and time targets in the product- life cycle including NPI through supplier collaboration at a part number level for their respective components, systems and/or categories
- Lead the team through identifying cost opportunities, identifying requirements of a part(s) for each area and ultimately lead the team to meet their individual area requirements within the cost target.
- Identify who is needed on each project and make team member recommendation.
- Develop excellent working relationships, teamwork and project management across departmental boundaries (engineering, purchase, logistics, product management etc.) is essential to ensure effective collaboration and saving delivery.
- Individuals working in this role will be deemed manufacturing, process and cost experts by other areas of the business and will be called upon to provide 'cost' expertise as the norm.
Skills and experience required:
- Degree qualified in an accredited Engineering, Computer Science, or Materials Science curriculum.
- Engineering, manufacturing, or commercial background with a high level of product knowledge.
- Good level of knowledge of a specific manufacturing process or engineering discipline, or maintenance process, as applicable, is required.
- Good level of understanding of company policies and procedures related to manufacturing, engineering and/or maintenance are also required.
- Strong technical background, in most cases, these are individuals with experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to influence others when there is conflict in processes, objectives, or solutions.
The position travels extensively; at least one full week each month.
Interested in the above role?
Please apply TODAY, our client can offer you a 12-month contract with competitive hourly rates of pay.
Please contact Kate Stevens or Sarah Gilbert at Jonathan Lee Recruitment.