Job title: Supply Chain Team Leader - Logistics
Salary Range: Basic salary c.£25,000 + with shift premium c.£30,000 per annum
Seeking a talented Supply Chain Team Leader, who through the development of a highly performing shift-based Logistics team, will oversee logistics processes within a demanding Automotive Tier 1 environment. As Supply Chain Team Leader, you will motivate, inspire and drive the Logistics team towards operational excellence in everything that they do.
Your role as Supply Chain Team Leader - Logistics, you will:
- Lead the Logistics shift team of between 12 and 24 people to deliver the required objectives, goals and tasks daily
- Create compelling direction for the logistics team, guided by the principle of 'right first time', thoughtful leadership and a constant drive to achieve operational excellence.
- Develop, maintain and improve the logistics processes for line feeding, warehousing, goods in, despatch and vehicle management to ensure the logistics operations are completed daily and improve over time
- Support and cooperate with the other shift-based teams to own the logistics processes end-to-end, developing common solutions to mistakes, problems and concerns, working together for the goal of the process
- Monitor, measure and action internal scorecard measures to maintain and develop internal results for the processes that are under your responsibility
- Define manning requirements and operational tactics within the departmental headcount and salary budget for the year
As a successful Supply Chain Team Leader - Logistics, you will have achieved the following personal and professional skill set:
- +3 years of supply chain management or logistics experience, of which the 1 most recent will have been within an automotive organisation (or a role where delivery performance can be no lower than 100% is demonstrable)
- Strong leadership skills, capable of motivating and inspiring a shift-based team, delivering objectives and pursing goals
- Excellent problem definition and resolution skills, willing to own and demonstrate improvements within the team or the business processes
- Extreme feelings of ownership and accountability for failings and problems within the team and the natural motivation to learn and improve from the mistakes made
- Highly developed oral and written communication skills with a strong ability to engage a team in briefings or presentations.
This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious, driven Buyer with knowledge of managing strategic categories. In return for your procurement experience, this iconic Automotive Tier 1 will offer you:
- Basic salary c. £25,000 per annum + Shift allowance c.£30,000 per annum
- Permanent 3 shift pattern (Mon-Fri early, late and night)
- Ongoing training
- Comprehensive benefits
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high. If you are an established Supply Chain Team Leader with experience working within the Automotive manufacturing section, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Supply Chain Team Leader role, please contact Lisa Osborne at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446162 or email .