- Sector: Automotive
- Function: Supply chain
- Contact: Kate Stevens
- Contact Email: email@example.com
- Contact Phone: 01384 446130
- Expiry Date: 22 October 2021
- Job Ref: 58988
Title: Supply Chain Risk Manager
Contract Position based at: Gaydon
Rate: up to £39.73/hr Ltd (£30.48/hr PAYE)
Reporting to the Semiconductor Supply Chain Delivery Manager, you will have responsibility for supply chain risk management of specific commodities that have been impacted by the semiconductor crisis.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Clear and consistent reporting to the Crisis Response Centre to ensure all stakeholders are clear on the status and risk mitigation plans
- Leading risk mitigation activities - managing internal stakeholders to ensure true cross functional dedication to successful outcomes
- Forming collaborative relationships with suppliers and ensuring clear and consistent data exchange and problem solving
- Leading multi-party supply reviews with supply chains daily/weekly/monthly/quarterly as appropriate
- Working with semiconductor brokers to identify and securing opportunities to resolve supply shortages
- Ensuring compliance to existing policies and processes and proactively identifying and participating in opportunities to improve these
- Lead meetings and workstreams between semiconductor supplier and multiple tiers of the relevant supply chain.
- Proactively identifying and managing risks in this supply chain.
- Manage the internal reporting and work with multiple stakeholders to pursue options to mitigate and ensure continuity of supply.
Examples of risk mitigation activities are:
- Working with engineering to identify and validate alternative semiconductors
- Working with brokers to unlock additional supplies of semiconductors
- Premium freight options to accelerate parts supply
- Working with the Sales & Operational Planning team to change build mixes to ensure continuity of vehicle in line with parts availability
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Ability to work independently, results driven, demonstrating tenacity, drive and perseverance with the ability to deliver operational plans in a complex, high demanding environment Resilience and enthusiasm
- A strong communicator with the ability to communicate effectively with and manage key stakeholders to influence cross functional engagement
- An effective team player
- Maintaining compliance with standard policies and procedures
- Analytical ability to translate data into clear set of actions / recommendations
- An ability to challenge existing processes and spot opportunities for improvement
- Experience of managing external suppliers and constructively challenging and driving them to improve performance
Apply today by sending your CV to Kate.Stevens@jonlee.co.uk
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.