Peterlee, County Durham
almost 2 years ago
Supply Chain Planning Engineer
A Supply Chain Planning Engineer opportunity has become available for one of the world's leading manufacturers of off-highway machinery and diesel and natural gas engines.
As a Supply Chain Planning Engineer, you will co-ordinate & report Supply Chain NPI activity to key stakeholders across the business through multiple programs.
In this role, you will develop and implement a Plan For Every Part (PFEP), optimising Supply Chain process efficiency through lean processes and the elimination of waste, driving cost reduction by evaluating total cost of ownership (TCO) and applying 6 Sigma methodology and lean guiding principles. To provide safe, ergonomic solutions, with built In quality, for current and new product (NPI).
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Co-ordinate & report NPI activity to key stakeholders through multiple programs.
- Deploying the Supply Chain Planning Process, which develops a Plan for Every Part (PFEP).
- Assign parts to cost effective business processes and material flow paths, developing packaging solutions, optimisation of transport, and implementing effective replenishment methods to point of use.
- Strong collaboration with supply chain, operations and suppliers.
- Support line layout development to enable safe and ergonomic presentation of materials at point of use.
- Identifying continuous improvement opportunities, with key responsibility in packaging design. Supporting ongoing NPI programs through active participation within various cross functional teams.
Please get in contact with James Tilley for more details on this Supply Chain Planning Engineer position.