Supply Chain Planner
£30,000 to £35,000 + benefits
Our client is a Japanese corporate who specialise in the specializing in the manufacture and sales of electrical connectors across multiple industries. Employing over 5,000 people worldwide with an annual turnover of over £894billion, their diverse products include electronic devices from connectors to aerospace electronic equipment, optics-related products, and various other types of machinery and equipment.
They are now looking for a Supply Chain Planner to strengthen their Supply Chain team in Hampshire. The SCP will manage the order placement process in line with company forecasts and net stock position, improving supply reliability from both in-company and external vendors in order to meet the high service level expectations of the customers.
The Supply Planner will work in conjunction with the Demand Planners to formulate order placements on the production facilities in Japan and the Far East. The Supply Planner will ensure the on time and in full production of all products on the PO, coordinate with the freight forwarders and then ensure timely delivery into the UK and European warehouses.
About the role
- Understand the forecasting process and support the Planning Manager in improving forecast accuracy
- Manage the inventory holding in line with set company stock holding targets
- Adjust forecasts and orders accordingly in line with demand fluctuations and promotional activity
- Placement of PO's on suppliers in a timely manner in accordance with agreed supply lead times
- Manage and maintain SAP product master data such as lead times, safety stock settings and volumetrics
- Working with the internal Sales and Customer Service teams to resolve supply problems, changes to customer demands and direct/indirect shipments
- Provide accurate delivery dates to customers via the internal Sales and Customer Service teams
- You must have strong excel skills - Pivot tables, V-Lookup etc
- An experienced planner with clear understanding of inventory management, replenishment and supply planning in a distribution environment
- Worked in a high service level business to business environment, preferably automotive or similar
- Comprehensive working knowledge of SAP
- Effective prioritisation/time management and negotiation/influencing skills
- Proficient communication skills; written & oral
- Supply Chain qualification such as CIPS is highly desirable
- Experience of Far East sourcing would be hugely advantageous as cultural differences need to be considered when negotiating with the production facility
- Languages - Spanish and/or Japanese would also be an advantage.
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you are an experienced Supply Chain Planner, have had exposure to a high SKU count, preferably in an electronics environment and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Supply Chain Planner role, please contact Scott Williams at Jonathan Lee Recruitment PSC17