Supply Chain Planner
Supply Chain Planner required by global, market leading precision components supplier, providing components for engine, transmission and chassis applications.
Supply Chain Planner required to maximise customer satisfaction of Industrial and Automotive customers by understanding their needs and influencing the internal and external supply chains to meet those needs:
- Support Central SCM with Market specific information to improve the quality of the UK forecast for Industrial and Automotive.
- Direct contact with suppliers to expedite due/overdue deliveries.
- Evaluate and report on supplier delivery performance.
- Develop and maintain forecasts for UK Automotive
- Monitor the availability of product in the UK within an assigned group of products and take actions to maintain availability at a level agreed with the Inventory Control Manager
- Place purchase schedules with internal and external suppliers and validate their responses.
- Have direct internal contact with our Customer Service Advisors and Goods Inwards personnel on product availability etc.
- Provide information to customers via Sales or Customer Service regarding the likely availability of specific product lines.
- Develop and maintain a program for the assembly of local kits in Hereford.
- Participate in Cross-functional and International teams to ensure the smooth delivery of new product ranges and customer support actions.
This is an exciting opportunity for a supply chain / logistics planner to join a growing organisation, we are seeking a planner with preferably an automotive or high volume manufacturing / distribution environment:
- Strong analytical skills, expediting
- Excellent communication skills, ability to communicate with a variety of stakeholders including; customers, suppliers, sales, product management, central SCM.
- Demonstrable experience c. 2 years' with supply chain planning, production planning , inbound supply chain.
- SAP, MS Excel and Access/SQL
Interested? Please contact or call directly for further info. 01384 446162.