£20 - £28 per hour
almost 2 years ago
Job Title: Supply Chain Performance Engineer
Rate: Up to £28.00 per hour LTD
Location: Desford, Leicestershire
Industry: Off Highway
As a Supply Chain Performance Engineer you will have the opportunity to lead and implement lean supply chain projects (to improve the Quality and Shipping performance of supplier) within the Purchasing/Supply Chain Management team.
This position assumes a leadership role in helping suppliers to build lean supply chain capability in the areas of material replenishment to business divisions, improved Sales and Operations Planning, high-velocity throughput, optimized logistics and capacity planning.
- Coaches and leads project teams comprised of multi-functional resources, including facility supply chain planning, site and category purchasing, operations, receiving, Global Transportation, Demand and Orders, Material Requirements Planning and Logistics to achieve lean supply chain flow through an engineered value chain.
- Lead the key supplier quality improvement activity by rich Quality and Mechanical related experiences, engage supplier management team to delivery challenging results on supplier quality performance.
- Implement, improve the robust process to error proof just-in-time deliveries. This requires determining correct order fulfilment method strategy as well as designing pull systems and determining proper replenishment strategies and proper buffer sizes and placements.
- Coaches and leads lean events and works collaboratively with suppliers and multiple facility functions to address and resolve supplier both Quality and Delivery issues using root cause and corrective action (RCCA).
To apply for this position you should have some of the following:
- Experience in Supply Chain, Supplier Management or Logistics.
- Experience demonstrating advanced analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with a customer service focus.
- Degree related to Supplier Management, Supply Chain, Business Management or equivalent experience in supply chain planning, quality, process, logistics and/or manufacturing.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of 6 Sigma project management principles.
- APICS CPIM or CSPC National Certification.
- Experience in value stream mapping.
Please contact James Tilley for details.