Role: Supply Chain Operations Planner
Salary: Up to £32,000 per annum + Benefits
Location: Newcastle-Under-Lyme, Staffordshire
Global Automotive Tier 1, market leader in Europe and one of the world's leading suppliers of wiring systems is seeking a talented Supply Chain Operations Planner to be based at the company's Staffordshire facility. You will work as part of the Supply Chain team, supporting supply chain operations and deputising for the Supply Chain Operations Team Leader.
- Responsible for managing daily operational tasks including liaising with customers and plants regarding all supply issues
- Translating customer demands/schedules and requirements, ensuring plants and supply chain team adhere to these requirements.
- Investigate issues and root causes to poor delivery performance and implements corrective actions
- Implement processes and procedures to enable 100% delivery on time to customers and improve the supply chain
- Acts as an ambassador for change and operates in the role with a CIP approach
- Responsible to support the manufacturing plants and to negotiate with customers on supply issues and additional costs for freight/overtime etc. Supports MPS meetings and identifies deviations.
- Implements and monitors KPIs with Plants and Distribution Centres to ensure supply is on time (logistics box, TIC tool)
- Has an advanced working and operational knowledge of FORS
- Ensure the warehouses are working to the required processes and costs are in line with budgets. Supports BU warehouses where appropriate
- Controls liability claims and coordinates with customer and plants to minimise
- Supports budget planning and action plans to control budget deviations
- Ensure stock accuracy in all locations for the designated Bus
- Supports plants to establish and effective rolling forecast for inventory and to implement corrective actions when results are not achieved
- Support S&OP process and be able to complete the required S&OP file as a cover person
- Supports where required the RFQ process
We are seeking an experienced supply chain professional who offers:
- Strong Customer interface - essential
- Proven experience in material planning and management - essential
- Experience in interacting with a warehouse and 3PLs - essential
- Automotive experience - desirable
- Flexibility to travel abroad- essential
In return for you supply chain experience and knowledge, you will be offered a competitive salary up to £32,000 + Benefits. Currently shortlisting for interview - interested? Please forward your CV as soon as possible or call Lisa directly on 01384 446162.