Attractive salary, benefits package
01384 446 174
about 1 month ago
Manufacturing Engineer: Supply Chain
Excellent basic salary and competitive benefits
This global aerospace business is looking for a Manufacturing Engineer to join the team in Tewkesbury to provide manufacturing engineering support for production programs in the UK and European supply chain.
As Manufacturing Engineer for Supply Chain, you will collaborate with both internal and external stakeholders to ensure product integrity, delivery of design intent and supplier performance.
This will be achieved through proactive risk mitigation and data driven problem solving to enable stable and capable manufacturing processes to be put into place to deliver conforming products that meet our quality standards.
The primary area of responsibility for this role is working directly with their suppliers to understand their manufacturing processes, techniques and risks and assist them in successfully producing quality hardware.
Inevitably suppliers have manufacturing problems and you will be expected to evaluate the situation, determine root cause, and guide the suppliers to ensure the successful implementation of corrective actions are in place.
The successful candidate will have a background working in a Manufacturing Engineering role, ideally with experience of both internal manufacturing and manufacturing in a supply chain environment. The successful candidate will have a broad experience of manufacturing methods that allows them to quickly establish technical credibility. Specialisms in any of the following areas will also be considered/ welcomed; all forms of milling, turning, grinding, assembly and special processes and component family specialisms such as gears/ splined parts, cylinders, pistons, manifolds, housings, valves, pumps, motors.
Key areas of expertise will be:
- Degree in a relevant discipline (engineering / manufacturing)
- Substantial experience in a Manufacturing Engineering role
- Expert in geometric dimensioning and tolerancing
- Strong data driven decision-making, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Accomplished in manufacturing capability assessment
- Experience of core defect prevention tools (PFMEA, control plan, MSA, capability analysis, error proofing etc.) highly advantageous
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to work in cross functional teams to tight deadlines and often under pressure
- Experience of new product introduction or
- Knowledge of aerospace industry standards and regulations, particularly AS13000 series, AS9102, AS9103 and AS9145 advantageous but not necessary
- Formal continuous improvement qualification (lean sigma green or black belt) advantageous but not necessary
- Ability to communicate effectively to all levels.
- High degree of numeracy and knowledge of statistical techniques is desirable
- Flexible and prepared to travel, including internationally, on a frequent basis
- Working knowledge and in-depth understand of lean and continuous improvement methodology
This is a superb opportunity for the right candidate to join a progressive but stable manufacturing environment, if you feel you can add value to the above, please apply.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.