Job Title: Procurement Manager/Supply Chain Manager
Salary: £ Negotiable Dependent on Experience
We are currently recruiting a Procurement Manager/Supply Chain Manager for our client who are a market leading sales and distribution business which are part of a larger engineering group who supplying valves and associated products predominantly into the water treatment industry.
The successful candidate will be responsible for planning and organising the company's procurement activities to ensure the overall performance of the supply chain is optimised.
- On time in full supply of materials to support customer delivery requirements
- Continual improvement of supply base against a balanced scorecard
- Credit terms
- Moving procurement strategy to that of buying through other distributors and agents to that of low cost sourcing countries direct where volume allows.
- Continual improvement of terms of supply
- Credit days
- Vendor Management Inventory
- Consignment stock
- £4,000,000 - £5,000,000 but may also get involved in wider group procurement activities too.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Demonstrable success within a procurement role is essential, and candidates will ideally have a history of dealing with engineering supply chains preferably within the cast iron and steel fabrication supply base.
- Although not essential, a CIPS qualification would be highly advantageous.
- Highly numerate. (Proficient in Microsoft office products and ERP systems)
- Strong negotiating skills
- Influencing Skills
- Understanding of full supply chain costs and trade offs
If you are interested in applying for this role or would like more information please contact Lee Elwell on 01384 446 154 (Direct Line) or your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment