£35k - 45k per year + Benefits
3 months ago
The company are a distributor of specialist plastic materials and are looking to recruit a Supply Chain Manager to coordinate the distribution network with the 3PLs. The Supply Chain Manager will need experience of working for a plastics/materials/packaging/chemical distributor in a similar position.
The Supply Chain Manager duties will include:
- Arrange regular meetings with 3PLs to review performance, set objectives and set key parameters, including base fuel costs and, if appropriate, incentives to reward good performance.
- Meet with alternative 3PL service providers and, subject to suitability, establish their cost competitiveness.
- Support the development of Quality systems by analysing cases raised for 3PLS and identifying and implementing parameters that can improve OTIF and minimise NCRs.
- Reconcile inventory records with 3PLs, where appropriate investigate and resolve any discrepancies that arise in a timely manner.
- Resolve quality issues affecting customers promptly, where necessary arranging collections investigations and if necessary, liaising with insurers.
- Support activities including packaging waste regulations declarations, HMRC audits and insurance inspections at 3PLs.
The Supply Chain Manager will have:
- Experience in a logistics environment
- People management experience.
- Experience of inventory management & reporting
- Experience of managing 3PLs
- Experience in stock reconciliation
To apply for the Supply Chain Manager position, please forward your current CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.