Competitive plus Car/Allowance, Pension and Benefits
about 1 month ago
Supply Chain Manager
Salary Range: Competitive plus Car/Allowance, Pension and Benefits
Location: West Midlands
Supply Chain, Stock Control, Demand Planning, SAP, MRP, Inventory, Purchasing, Logistics, Distribution
A Supply Chain Manager is required with knowledge of stock control, demand planning, purchasing and supply chain management from strategy through to hands on implementation. Candidates with experience of the steel stock holding, mills, heavy industry and/or metals industry would be well received.
Due to the need to pull together business units and structure the supply chain area of the operations this company, a world class global organisation based in the West Midlands requires a proactive, forward thinking Supply Chain Manager who can pull together cross functional departments an business units to drive efficiencies and improvements within the supply chain processes and procedures for this new permanent role. As a Supply Chain Manager, you will be required to:
- Supervise demand planning, forecasting, and budgeting, initiate process improvements in order to increase planning and forecast accuracy, while consolidating demand plans.
- Align lead-time and quotas and reserves appropriate capacity at suppliers, driving continuously improvement in actual demand figures, plans, forecasts, and capacity needs.
- Control the material management process in all subsidiaries, sets standards, decides on tools, and initiates improvement initiatives.
- Define company-wide product and stock programmes (unrestricted stocks, customer specific stocks, consignment stocks), supervises the local product programmes and controls inventory level, product availability, stock turns, off-cuts-ratio, and stock ageing.
- Monitor and manage shipment/transportation processes, routes, and delivery lots to minimize routes and stocks-in-transit in entire supply chain.
- Selecting/qualifying suppliers, negotiating and maintaining contracts and service level agreements with suppliers and providers.
- Manage product sourcing categories (including consumables, investments, and spare parts), sets appropriate sourcing strategies, selects sourcing tools and sets sourcing standards.
- Selection and implementation of tools for transportation planning and routing, decides on “make or buy” of transportation services, initiates and controls transport mode benchmarks (parcel service, LTL, FTL, rail, etc).
The Supply Chain manager should have the following skills or experience:
- Logistics and supply chain management (e.g. automotive, steel stockholders, aerospace, automotive OEM’s, supply chain manager, purchase managers, usw.).
- Proven successes in achieving specific objectives related to inventory planning, working capital reduction, logistics processes, purchase cost reductions, etc.
- SAP ERP knowledge (SD, MM/MRP) and/or advanced Supply Chain Management
- SAP Business Warehouse, SAP S/4HANA knowledge considered an advantage
- Ability to strategically development the department while possessing the hands-on approach to drive thinks forward within an SME environment.
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with knowledge of Supply Chain Management seeking to develop your career. In return for your experience, this West Midlands based organisation will offer you:
- Competitive plus Car/Allowance, Pension and Benefits
- Excellent career development and progression within a global organsiation where you can define the departmental structure while impacting bottom line profits.
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge of Supply Chain management and can combine both a strategic ability with a hands-on approach to deliver and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Supply Chain Managers position, please contact Mark Bignell at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446167 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.