Due to continued growth this international manufacturer of products supplied into a variety of industries including medical, electronics and automotive are looking for a Supply Chain Manager.
The purpose of this role is to develop, implement and oversee an effective integrated Supply Chain incorporating: customer order placement; raw materials ordering; goods receiving; on-site and off-site warehouse storage; production planning and scheduling; and finished goods despatch
- Ensure effective interface with key customers to ensure an efficient supply chain from raw materials planning through to finished goods delivery
- Ensure that effective systems are in place for the storage, movement and recording of raw materials, W.I.P/ inventory management, and finished goods despatch
- Manage the planning & scheduling of all manufacturing activities to maximise production yield and ensure delivery and sales targets are met
- Manage the various types of recycling and waste disposal ensuring compliance with legislation and Company policies and procedures
- Ensure that appropriate materials handling equipment is provided for the Site to ensure that operations can run effectively
- Review and update the methods we use in our approach to all Logistical activities and Customer Services
- Support Sales team in addressing all customer enquires effectively including with direct customer contact when necessary
- Manage contracts and leases with hauliers, equipment and warehousing providers to ensure compliance with service level agreements and budgets
- Interface with Company Purchasing team to ensure that raw materials and packaging suppliers meet required standards of service
- Manage areas of responsibility to ensure that they meet ISO9001 standards and comply with all health, safety and environmental responsibilities
- Develop an integrated cross-functional Supply Chain team who are motivated and engaged to continually improved the Logistical operations of the business
- Ideally degree qualified (desirable not essential)
- Logistics and Supply Chain Management or CILT qualification
- At least 5 years experience in a logistics management role within a manufacturing logistics environment
- Senior management experience effecting strategic change
- Knowledge of transportation, warehousing and production planning
- MRP management and use
- People management with clear expectation and objective setting
- Problem solving and proactive approach.
- Goal driven
- Effective communicator at all levels
- Committed, focused
- Assertive and adaptable with good interpersonal skills
You are likely to be currently working as a Supply Chain Manager or a Logistics Manager in a manufacturing logistics environment.
Please apply as soon as possible to be considered for this attractive Supply Chain Manager / Logistics Manager role.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.