Supply Chain Manager
Up to £48,000 FTC (Maternity Cover)
Supply Chain Manager is required by global leading manufacturer / distributor of fasteners and fixing products. As Supply Chain Manager you will be wholly responsible for the procurement of raw materials, components, services and processes from a broad range of vendors across the globe. You will manage the day to day running of 3 direct reports within the Purchasing Department/Production Control/Shipping/Logistics areas. Your responsibilities will include:
- Locate, develop and monitor sources of goods and services. Being actively involved from requisition stage through to point of sale, operating the M.R.P. system.
- To negotiate the best goods and services the vendors can supply and to be aware of new techniques and procedures to make in-house procedures more efficient, utilising ISO9001.
- To analyse purchasing history of vendors, paying particular attention to quality, delivery and price.
- Liaise closely with all departments to ensure smooth flow of relevant information, including Production Control, Quality, Planning, Drawing Office and Sales Office.
- Supplier management.
- Responsible for all stores and warehouse. Controlling all staff, to ensure the smooth running and control of all raw amterials, components, work in progress, and finished goods, and stock in external warehouse (DEOI).
- Implement a continuous training programme for all staff to create awareness of quality systems, products and services that will effect them on a day to day basis.
- Strong leadership experience and success within a management/supervisory role.
- Front to back Supply Chain experience (Planning, Purchasing, Ops)
- Analytical skills / Problem solving
- Ability to work at pace with flexibility (travel, hours, changing demands)
- Proactive approach
- CIPS (Level 4 min.)
This is a fantastic opportunity for a talented Supply Chain Manager to work on a fixed term contract basis. Should you be looking to secure a senior supply chain role, please forward your latest CV to email@example.com or for further information contact me directly on 01384 446155.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.