Supply chain Manager
£50,000 to £60,000 DOE
London - SW
Construction - Electronics
Our client is a leading manufacturer of state of the art specialist lighting. They specialise in LED High-Mast Lighting, with a focus on bespoke or specialist lighting projects found in Container Ports, Airports, Railway Operators and local councils.
A Supply Chain Manager is now required with strong knowledge of production scheduling through contract manufacturing and 3PL service providers. Candidates will need experience of the electronics or lighting industry to be considered for this position.
Due to YoY growth this company, based in South West London, needs a SCM to manage the material purchasing and ensure stock levels are aligned to the sales forecasts. You will manage the day-to-day relationships with their long term partners and the accompanying costs within the supply chain whilst ensuring effective and efficient service is maintained throughout.
About the role:
- Plan and organize the production schedules, managing the supply chain to ensure products are delivered in a timely and efficient manner
- Overall responsibility for managing inventory, receipting and movements and stock reconciliation at the end of each period.
- Maintain stocks of materials and finished products to meet the agreed sales forecast.
- Manage all elements of supply chain costs including ocean freight, handling and storage, costs of processing and distribution
- Manage the budget for the supply chain activities, ensuring accurate records for cost of sale/margin analysis by product and report
- progress against budgets.
- Experience in the Lighting or Electronics Industry
- A Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience of education and applicable experience
- Minimum of 5 years experience in manufacturing industry including logistics and/or operations.
- Computer proficient. ERP experience, skilled in Microsoft Office applications and ability to view CAD files.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings.
- Sharp negotiating skills with a proven track record of successful negotiations with suppliers
- CIPS highly desirable
- Attention to detail is a critical part of this role
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced supply chain manager with knowledge of production scheduling, supplier development and a clear end to end supply chain understanding to develop your career. In return for your experience, this company will offer you a competitive salary, pension, holiday and the opportunity to grow the function from the ground up.
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge of and you want to be considered, please apply today. PSC17