Supply Chain Integration Specialist
Location: Corby, Northamptonshire
Industry/Sector: Automation and Electrical Components
We are now recruiting for an EDI Specialist with a proactive and driven personality who will focus as the interface between the business and the 3rd party service provider. The role will concentrate on projects to re-design communications with their Carrier Network for both inbound and outbound deliveries via Electronic Data Interchange (EDI). Once established, the continued business-as-usual management of EDI with further trading partners such as stock vendors forms part of the role.
As a Supply Chain Integration Specialist, you will be required to:
- Develop and maintain effective relationships within the Supply Chain function, the Product and Supplier Management teams, trading partners with a focus on transport and to the 3rd party managed service provider.
- Influence relevant stakeholders to support best possible decisions to improve digital Supply Chain are made.
- Contribute as expert to strategic, tactical and operational cross-functional decision making within Supply Chain that is aligned to business connectivity requirements
- Development and testing of new processes so that a friction-less business operation will be enabled.
- Deliver project work in line with the business needs.
- Participate in a culture of continuous improvement of people, systems and processes by engaging with, and understanding, the needs of customers and suppliers
- Being able and willing to take decisions on sound commercial principles
The Supply Chain Integration Special should have the following skills or experience:
- Previous experience of B2B initiatives in a global organisation.
- Experience in managing relationships with third party managed services
- Good Knowledge of End-to-End Supply Chain processes and flows
- Understanding of wider systems and connectivity to integration platforms
- Good knowledge of relevant EDIFACT & ANSI X.12 standards are required along with knowledge of the main communications protocols such as XML or Web Services.
- Fluent in English language (written and verbal)
- Strong interpersonal skills to ensure that communication is confident and effective at all levels of the business and to various stakeholder groups, both written and verbal
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have experience of Electronic Data Interchange or EDIFACT and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Supply Chain Integration Specialist role, please contact Ed Smith at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 0044 1384 446133 or email .