- Sector: Automotive
- Function: Supply chain
- Contact: Andy Leake
- Contact Email: email@example.com
- Contact Phone: 01384 446104
- Duration: Permanent
- Start Date: ASAP
- Expiry Date: 27 May 2022
- Job Ref: 60817
Supply Chain Engineer- Hethel - Automotive
Our client, a leading British manufacturer of lightweight sport and road cars, is looking for a Supply Chain Engineer to support the supply chain engineering department in advanced planning for current and new vehicles. The successful individual will join the company at an exciting time, after large investment and re-strategizing, this marquee brand is planning growth like never before.
- Design and map all new processes to support the new supply chain functionality.
- Working within cross functional departments to ensure that all planning & process mapping is in line with business expectations.
- Supports plant material flow planning for new projects and provides process plans in-line with launch plans.
- Participate in Supply Chain planning and sourcing by attending technical reviews, supplier selection and providing operational requirement definitions.
- Develop facility layouts and storage requirements using lean principles.
- Assist with metric improvements, such as inventory reduction initiatives, transportation improvements, value stream projects, internal disruption root cause analysis, external disruption elimination, and premium freight reductions.
- Leads minimum monthly Business plan reviews and ensures overall functional completion of PDCA cycles. Lead ownership of functional operational scorecard.
- Assist SCE Manager in coordination of functional budgets and Business Plan annual updates.
- The Supply chain Engineering department takes a lead in developing and deciding upon the best planning solutions for the introduction of new parts for both existing and new products into the business.
Role Objectives as Supply Chain Engineer:
- Develop & maintain the operational detail of Logistics footprints within current & future facility layouts.
- Review & be part of the sign off process for new parts.
- Support the introduction and maintenance of part kitting / decant activities.
- Support and lead facilitation of future budget strategy for the department.
- Assist in development and implementation of new business procedures.
- Provide support to stake holders to develop effective and compliant procedures
- Provide subject matter expertise to project teams.
- Administer the function Business Plan Deployment procedure.
- Competent in the use of a PC and associated programs (excel / word).
- Aptitude for quick thinking and methodical in application of solutions
- Experience of problem resolution, continuous improvement activities, manufacturing, or supply chain environment.
- Flexible, attention to detail, team player, right first-time proactive approach, good communicator.
- Full UK / EU driving licence
- ONC or above in Engineering / Supply Chain
- Knowledge of and ability to use Lotus key software systems, IFS / SAP, LES, MPPDM, AutoCAD or other 2d or 3d drawing packages.
- Experience of Automotive supply chain or manufacturing environment
If you think you have what is takes to fill this exciting opportunity at an innovative and progressive British car manufacturer then please apply or contact Andy Leake. (01384 446104 or firstname.lastname@example.org)
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.