Up to £500.00 per day
almost 2 years ago
Interim Director of Material Planning & Logistics
£500 per day (Ltd Co.)
Based Gaydon, Warwickshire
A talented interim senior Supply Chain professional is required on a 6 months interim basis to manage the MP&L division of the fastest growing luxury automotive brand.
A critical role managing the supply chain for the production of this iconic brand's beautiful cars. You will be responsible ensuring the right parts are in the right place at the right time. We are seeking an experienced Interim Director of MP&L to lead the team during a change of permanent leadership.
As Interim Director of MP&L your role encompasses all aspects of material planning and logistics, supporting production methods for both current models and new model introduction; determining the site strategy and the subsequent tactical plans to implement change whilst maintaining the daily operational needs. flexibility is required in terms of travelling between sites and internationally where required.
- Lead and manage the Pipeline, Inbound Supply & New Model Launch Teams in collaboration with entire Purchasing function.
- Develop and assign objectives in support of the Procurement & Supply Chain Department Vision and Company objectives.
- Development of the production plan to schedule production parts delivery and manage the subsequent daily adherence to build.
- Ensure production parts ordering and delivery to site for all vehicle derivatives.
- Own and lead the operational supply chain strategy development, considering future business needs and Logistics 'best practice', with a strong vision for change from which annual tactical goals are developed.
- Develop & manage an optimal logistics system for multi-site operation.
- Manage the physical logistics operation from receipt through warehouse to line-side delivery in conjunction with the LLP management team.
- Responsible for the finished vehicle storage distribution throughout the world supporting dealer network.
- Strong Inventory management with robust financial reporting & compliance and departmental budget control, minimising obsolescence.
- Develop and implement cost reduction initiatives (Total Delivered Cost).
You must be able to demonstrate the following skills & experience:
- Educated to Degree level or equivalent, preferably in line with the role requirements.
- Strong background in S&OP implementation and management.
- Good understanding of cyclical logistics processes and Supply Chain areas in general, ideally including a vehicle launch.
- Ability to facilitate multi-functional groups, 3rd party operators and achieve process improvement.
- Good grasp of company-wide production planning, adherence & relationship to manufacturing processes.
- Previous experience of logistics optimisation and related KPI's.
- Knowledge of dynamic manufacturing environment and supply chain preferred as need to manage rapid change and time critical environment - JIT, Kanban and Lean working methods.
- MRP/ERP scheduling systems experience in a flow process with strong process thinking.
- Methodical & strong problem-solving techniques.
- High attention to detail with strong planning & organising competency.
- This role is offered on a 6 month interim basis on a day rate of circa £500 per day (Ltd Co).
This is an exciting time to join this business with the strongest model line up in the Company's history. Interested in securing your next assignment, available immediately ? If you meet the above criteria, please contact Lisa Osborne directly on 01384 446162 or email