Supply Chain Coordinator
Do you have an eye for detail, a methodical approach and have an eye for art, architecture, craft and design? This may be the role for you?
For 60 years this business has placed quality over price. They are a proud British furniture manufacturer and retailer of classic German furniture designs. Due to a continued business growth, they are now looking to strengthen their Supply Chain team further with the addition of another Supply Chain Coordinator.
Working in a team of 4, the Supply Chain Coordinator will take full responsibility of the stock-control process ensuring that build components are in the right place at the right time, at the right quality. You will be working with long term suppliers who have been providing a quality service for 10, 15 and in some cases 20 years so you have a stable Supply Chain to work in and you will work to strengthen these relationships further.
About the role
- placing orders with suppliers and ensuring timely delivery
- communicating with the planning, assembly and dispatch teams to balance their challenging needs
- maintaining and developing long-standing relationships with suppliers
- identifying process improvements that will result in reduced inventory, shorter lead times and improved cost of sales (without compromising on quality)
- Previous experience of inventory control and demand planning is a must
- Strong communication skills
- An ability to adapt to a shifting workload
- Advanced knowledge of Excel; knowledge of ERP software would be a bonus
- Eye for detail, methodical and efficient
- A good sense of humour!
Candidates with an automotive build assembly background would be highly desired as the skill sets are very similar. If you feel you would be a good fit for this business that prides itself on their quality of product but also staff retention, then apply today