£30k - 40k per year + 30 days holiday, enhanced pension
01384 446 174
Supply Chain and Continuous Improvement Specialist
Engineering and Manufacturing Consultancy
Salary £30,000 - £40,000, Excellent enhanced pension, 30 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays, flexible working available.
We have been asked by this well-known and reputable manufacturing and engineering consultancy to recruit an exceptional Supply Chain and CI Specialist to work across multiple clients and manufacturing business to help them understanding better their supply chain. Working with client’s key decision makers to influence and lead them to best practice when it comes to supply chain continuous improvements.
You will provide subject matter expertise on supply chain continuous improvement, the mapping of current and future state supply chain, auditing of suppliers and supply chain risk management. If you are passionate about providing a “best-view” of the future of supply chains for SMEs and believe your skills could help strengthen their mission to ‘make a difference to UK manufacturing’, then we want to hear from you.
You will be degree level qualified in a relevant subject or have significant applied industrial experience. You should also be able to:
The ideal candidate will have a background in one of more of the following:
- Hands on practical experience in supply chain risk management, supply chain current and future state mapping, and assessing through to managing supply chain vulnerabilities.
- Practical experience of supplier audits and supply chain governance & assurance
- Business Transformation or Change Management - Digital Supply Chains, Supply Chain Innovation,
- Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma, Manufacturing Operational Efficiency.
- Supply Chain design and optimisation, planning, scheduling, and material control systems
- Some experience operating an ERP/MRP system
- As you will be working with a wide and varied client base, you will:
- Develop strong relationships with key stakeholders from executives to technician
- Consider and evaluate the bigger picture whilst understanding the criticality of the details of delivery
- Manage workload across multiple concurrent projects with short timescales (typically 2-5 days)
- Work as part of a dynamic, multi-skilled team
This position will have a positive impact on commercial success within the SME sector, as well as opportunity for career progression with a highly regarded organisation
You will be of graduate calibre, with industry experience in manufacturing and engineering, it is essential you have excellent communication skills to professionally challenge senior individuals and have the confidence to put your recommendations and opinions across in a manner that nurtures the relationship.
Other areas of responsibility :
- To manage technical aspects of the business units’ collaborative projects including contributing to or producing technical reports, presentations, and dissemination output.
- To manage and maintain client relationships to ensure that the innovative solution is sourced / implemented, and that business assists and other output measures are accurately recorded and monitored by the business unit.
- To attend suitable conferences, exhibitions, and events to build collaborative networks and contacts.
- To provide technical recommendations, practical tools, design advice and support in adoption of best practice technical solutions for SMEs.
- To carry out technical investigations to identify innovative technologies suitable for application to identified businesses issues, and to ensure that business units targets are met. Carry out suitable tests to evaluate performance and ensure they push the boundaries of innovation with the supervision of Innovation Manager.
- To define, assess and implement technical/applications solutions. Develop and implement maintainable systems using appropriate tools.
- To ensure compliance with all relevant Health and Safety requirements for demonstrator equipment.
This is an excellent opportunity to join an organisation that offers genuine career progression with excellent reward.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.