£30k per year + pension, 25 days holiday
01384 446 174
5 months ago
Procurement and Supply Chain Specialist
Chemical blending and manufacturing for multiple consumer, medical, industrial uses
Salary up to £30,000, 25 days holiday, pension
This specialist chemical blending manufacturing SME is looking to recruit a purchasing and supply chain specialist.
The central purpose of the Procurement and Supply Chain Specialist is to manage the effective running of all aspects of the procurement processes, purchasing all components in line with forward orders and negotiating competitive prices to plan, implement and monitor the overall supply chain. You will be responsible overseeing and managing company's overall supply chain and logistics strategy to maximize the process efficiency and productivity.
You will work with the Planning Manager to forecast monthly sales in line with outstanding customer order book and planned production. Working closely with/and complimented by the Operations and Planning Managers, the Planning Manager will ensure on time delivery in full of all customers works orders.
You will have a strong working knowledge of SAP and have experience of MRP systems in a reactive manufacturing environment. It is desirable that you have a CIPS qualification or working towards it.
- Manage the full supply-chain process and plan, prepare, and procure all components in line with the Sales demand.
- Collaborate with Sales, Operations and Customer Service teams
- Identify supply chain bottlenecks and recommend and implement solutions in a timely manner.
- Build and maintain good relationships with suppliers.
- Assist the Production Planner to develop, implement and deliver a credible production plan in line with information from the Supply Chain.
The role includes the following tasks:
- Raise and submit purchase order to supplier in line with MRP and customer sales orders.
- Develop and manage supplier relationships to negotiate and maintain price and supply conditions ensuring commercial terms are optimised, supply maintained, contract implemented and manged as appropriate.
- Monitor supplier performance in terms of compliance with contractual agreements, costs, delivery times, reliability and number of non-conformances and review with suppliers at appropriate intervals minuting conversations related to performance, reliability, and non-conformances in accordance with BRC.
- Manage risk relating to quality, cost, delivery, and supply of purchases by continually expanding the approved supply list for all process critical components, seeking advice/guidance where necessary from the Sales and Technical departments.
- Ensure dual sourcing is in place for all process critical components.
- Identify and source new suppliers where appropriate.
- Manage supplier selection process - price, quality, support, capacity, and reliability.
- Develop an understanding of the market for the raw materials, packaging and components purchased and identify the factors which influence availability and pricing ensuring that significant market changes are anticipated, managed, and communicated effectively.
- Define and implement procurement strategies for process critical materials.
- Demonstrate, lead, and encourage best practice within the procurement process, supplier selection, specifications, tender and price negotiation process, supply contracts implementation and maintenance.
- Facilitate timely placement of purchase orders with proper authorisation (where appropriate) in line with sales demand.
- Produce regular reports on purchase commitments, costs, and delivery performance (supplier OTIF)
- Update and maintain supplier information including contact details, price, lead times and MOQs on Sage Manufacturing 200
- Engage in project work related to procurement activities.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.