Supply Chain Analyst
Market leading, innovative FMCG business is seeking an ambitious Supply Chain Analyst to join its growing supply chain team based Telford. Supplying innovative home lifestyle products to the UK's leading retailers this organisation continues to expand its operations.
A Supply Chain Analyst is required to undertake forecasting, inventory planning and order processing. As Supply Chain Analyst, you will be responsible for creating forecasts and facilitating discussions with the Sales Team & Customers to generate a rolling 18 week sales forecast for all products. This forecast, in addition to other inputs such as lead times, MOQs, target fill rates, etc., will then be used to determine target inventory levels, and develop an efficient purchasing/shipping plan for Chinese suppliers.
- Ensure that forecasting and inventory planning inputs and parameters are updated in the planning system (customer forecast, new product introductions, lead times, stocking status, etc.)
- Maintain, review & modify master data (product info, weights/cbms, pricing)
- Raise purchase orders on factories considering lead times, MOQ, container fill, factory consolidation, etc. Manage the factories finished goods inventory where necessary.
- Co-ordinate with the factories material component and packaging ordering and inventory holding.
- Collaborate with Sales Team, Customers and Innovations Team to ensure that projected product launches, promotions & exits are appropriately planned.
- Generate shipment, purchasing and inventory reports for monthly business monitoring.
- Establish guidelines for the Sales Order Processing Team & customers in order to manage circumstances when demand exceeds supply (e.g., prioritising which customer receives shipments) by providing clear communications to all parties to advise them of the situation.
- Execute contingency policies with suppliers (e.g., supplier carrying additional safety stock, first right to production capabilities, additional shifts or overtime, alternate providers) in order to ensure continuity of supply or address unexpected threats to supply chain fulfilment.
- Monitor suppliers shipping schedule to ensure all orders ship on time.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work as a team member in a fast-paced environment.
- Familiar with logistics and production planning concepts
- Strong and effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Effectively work autonomously with minimal management direction.
- Strong customer orientation - a positive and proactive approach. Attentive to the needs of customers.
- Knowledge of statistical techniques
- Strong problem analysis and critical thinking skills
- Managing & prioritising a high volume of work in a fast paced environment
- Experience of managing / interaction with multiple suppliers
- Ability to think logically and take decisions based on situational assessments
This is an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic and forward thinking organisation - looking for your next Supply Chain role, then apply online for consideration or forward your latest CV or contact me directly for more information 01384 446162.