5 months ago
Supply Chain Analyst
Division: Materials Planning and Logistics
The Release and Follow Up department manages parts portfolio and associated Supply Base to ensure parts are available to meet build requirements within Operational F.T.T. / Inventory and Budget targets.
- Tune base scheduling data to effectively support current Business requirements, and resulting schedules are issued to Suppliers on a timely basis.
- Optimisation of scheduling parameters within Material Planning Systems.
- Check integrity of schedules and ensure frequency of issue supports Supply Base and Business requirements
- Responsibility for procurement of Pre & volume requirements and run-out parts, including management of New Parts for Model Year and Running Change requirements (48hr turnaround).
- Procurement of parts to support C.K.D. / Service and any other Special requirements.
- Monitor / Control and Reporting of parts delivery in line with Schedule parameters - Time /Qty.
- Agree / Monitor and Control target stockholding levels.
- Generate and issue Supply Performance Measures and interface with Suppliers to facilitate performance improvement and support of Purchasing in Supplier Nomination.
- Manage Supplier Performance through the MP&L Supplier Escalation Process, helping define key KPI¿s and escalation and de-escalation criteria.
- Examine forthcoming requirements and supply status and liaise with Supply Base to maintain future needs.
- Where necessary carry out / request stock checks to validate stock accuracy and make inventory adjustments to support results.
- Where B.O.M. accuracy suspect raise AIMS with relevant department and manually adjust schedule demand and request full Inventory reconciliation via the Inventory Team to ensure that Business protected until issue resolved.
- In periods of RHA & Absence provide cover for other Planners and/or Team duties.
- Responsible for management and disposal of obsolete material. (SSDS Process)
- Support & Manage premium freight process and budget.
- Support & Manage processes for LLP, SCW, ASN's etc.
- Knowledge of Logistics highly desirable
- Ability to quickly understand and challenge Logistics processes
- Good working knowledge of Material Planning / Logistics, preferably from within Motor Manufacturing or Supply Base Industry.
- Understanding of Motor Manufacturing production methods.
- ERP Systems knowledge or experience of CMMS3 (current JLR Material Scheduling Systems preferred).
- Competency in MS Excel required (ability to generate simple spread sheets containing formulas etc.) and previous exposure to MS Access or other database application desirable.
- Ability to take on high levels of responsibility and work under pressure.
- Ability to communicate well at all levels, verbally and in writing.
- Flexible and the ability to embrace change.
- Degree qualified or studying towards a degree qualification.
Must have good strong excel experience and communication skills
If you are interested in this position, please APPLY NOW. For more information, contact Lois Weston at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384446119.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.