Supplier Technical Assistance (STA) Engineer -
Supplier Technical Assistance (STA) required by iconic, heritage Automotive OEM as it enters its second century with its strongest model line-up in its history and significant investment to launch several new vehicle programmes. Are you a supplier quality / supplier development / supplier technical engineer looking for an exciting new opportunity to be part of a dynamic and growing supplier development team?
As Supplier Technical Assistance Engineer (STA), you will be responsible for developing and delivering quality disciplines relating to vehicle and component design, development and launch for all future vehicles. Roles are available across several different commodity areas.
Working within the New Model Operations team, engaging all areas of the business, from Design, Purchasing, Product Development, Launch Teams, Manufacturing, After Sales, Dealerships and supply Base. Worldwide travel, constant interaction with people and the drive to make the highest quality vehicles in the world requires flexible engineers with good communication and team work skills and a thirst for problem solving.
Manage the delivery of off tool, off process 100% accurate parts and final part approval for responsible commodities through Part Approval Process (PPAP)
- Use of automotive engineering quality tools (i.e. DFMEA, PFMEA, PPAP, APQP, 8D)
- Confirm supplier manufacturing capacity status and ensure no negative impact to supply and quality during new model launch.
- Work closely with our supply base to define improvement plans.
- Drive quality history reviews and campaign prevention related activities to ensure no repeat issues from previous models.
- Agree the vehicle and parts quality requirement with PD, programme, manufacturing and suppliers to exceed customer expectations.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in teams of various sizes, across all areas and influence the delivery of those teams.
- Experienced problem solver.
- Skills in reliability and robustness engineering.
- Knowledge of Quality Tools and techniques for design.
- High degree of numeracy and knowledge of statistical techniques is also an advantage.
- Proven ability to lead cross functional team meetings and define clear improvement action plans.
- Ability to self-manage and work under pressure to deliver quality, production and engineering requirements and thrive in a dynamic and changing environment.
Are you an Supplier Development Engineer seeking an opportunity to utilise your skills and experience to develop your career. In return for your experience, this Warwickshire based iconic Automotive OEM company will offer you a competitive salary and benefits package, career development.
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you offer the above experience and wish to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the STA role, please contact Lisa Osborne at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446162. PSC17