Supplier Quality Manager - Bristol
Working for a globally recognised aerospace manufacturing brand in Bristol, we are seeking a Supplier Quality Manager on a permanent basis to support one of their key customers (Airbus) and be functionally responsible for all supplier quality activities, within the site procurement organisation.
This role requires strong people leadership and resource management skills to deliver against performance objectives focused on continuous improvement, people development and supplier quality performance.
You will work closely with the procurement and site operations teams and will be responsible for:
- All Quality Assurance activities within the Procurement Busines
- Assures that the Quality system is adequate and is being applied and adhered to within the business, through the provision of independently gathered evidence by the business.
- Assures that the certification processes within the business is adequately defined, accurate, credible, robust and consistently applied.
- Driving Supplier Quality Improvement Plans within the Function to achieve Global Procurement and department targets (i.e., escapes reduction plans and concession (tags) reduction plans)
- Contact point for partners / internal customer representatives, facilitating / managing customer inspection.
- Ensuring that competent Manufacturing Engineers accurately convert the customer requirements into clear supplier instructions.
- Accuracy of the Quality data set.
- Acting as a focal point for Quality issues relating to the supply of product.
- Driving supplier process improvements
- Developing and deploying performance and process metrics that are consistent across the Global Procurement organisation.
- Ensure the Health and Safety policies and procedure are adhered to by the Procurement Quality team; Accountable for the management of the people within the Procurement Quality team ensuring that PDP, development plans and succession planning is completed.
- Ensuring that the people within the Procurement Quality team have the adequate skills to carry out their roles, where skill gaps are identified, putting training and development plans in place to address them.
- Ensuring adherence to all applicable regulatory, legal, and quality requirements.
You will bring functional skills and expertise, along with:
- Degree Qualified or HNC/HND in Engineering.
- In depth experience within engineering and quality.
- Proven track record in supplier quality management.
- Experience in problem solving tool sets (e.g., G8Ds, Ishikawa diagrams etc) Desirable:
- Strong understanding of the Aerospace industry and associated technological and commercial trends
- Experience in New product Introduction and interaction between Purchasing and Engineering in Product Development
- Working experience of AS13XXX-standards and PPAP/APQA Understanding of the Aerospace industry and associated regulatory requirements and standards
Core competences: Analytical ability, Coaching, Communicating, Decisiveness, Integrity, Consciousness of the environment, Planning and Organization, Professional content, Focus on results
If you feel you have the skills, experience and drive to support this position, then please apply directly.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.