Supplier Quality Engineer - Bedfordshire - Attractive - Permanent- Aerospace
A Supplier Quality Engineer is required to join a leading Aerospace and Defence manufacturing company on Permanent basis that specialises in products primarily for the Aerospace industry. The Supplier Quality Engineer will report to the Quality Manager.
The Supplier Quality Engineer will enhance current processes and provide delegated management of suppliers including process approvals, monitor supplier performance and develop under performers were necessary, as well as strategic suppliers. This role will require an experienced individual capable of understanding, interpreting and communicating customer requirements and ensuring suppliers deliver Right First-Time product.
Responsibilities and Accountability's of the Supplier Quality Engineer
- Understand & interpret Customer requirements to ensure effective flow down to suppliers
- Understand Supplier Inspection methods
- Ability to identify gaps in Supplier inspection methods and develop improvement plans
- Develop defined inspection procedures and work instructions with Suppliers
- Identify best practice inspection methodology and implement within supply base
- Conduct delegated source inspection where required
- Support the supplier in the planning and submission of FAIR/LAIR including APQP/PPAP
- Review supplier's quality planning for compliance with customer & regulatory requirements
- Facilitate the resolution of supplier queries, including the submission of concessions
Requirements, Experience and Skills of the Supplier Quality Engineer
- Quality systems experience in ISO9001 / AS9100 / QS9000
- Assessment of systems and processes, including statistical techniques & capability studies
- Clear understanding of general machining & fabrication, casting and forging manufacturing
- Use of Measurement System Analysis, Gauge R&R
- Understanding of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing GD&T
- Must have a recognised engineering qualification
- Experience within an engineering environment undertaking similar activities
Security Clearance will be required for this role due to the nature of the products involved.
If interested in this Supplier Quality Engineer role then please contact Peter Heap at Jonathan Lee Recruitment or apply directly. Alternatively, please send suitable MS Word Format CV's directly to this Email for review. or call my direct line on 01384 446102.