Supplier Quality Engineer
Aerospace / Military
A leading supplier of critical control solutions is seeking a Supplier Quality Engineer to be responsible for Supplier Quality performance, driving root cause analysis and the on-going development of increased supplier capability.
In addition, you will be establishing and developing a supplier approval system, conducting audits and ensuring adherence to Quality Management System requirements. Finally, you will establish quality standards for suppliers who are providing materials per specifications.
- Support the delivery of conforming products to support the business requirements
- Drive supplier non-conformance management and Root Cause Analysis
- Develop suppliers to more effectively support in terms of cost, quality and timeliness;
- Drive supplier quality management in line with company control procedures, and relevant regulatory standards e.g. AS/EN 9100
- Ensure quality assurance for new and existing suppliers through audits, source inspections, First Article Inspection sign-off and change control process management
- Effective flow down of quality requirements to suppliers throughout the product lifecycle
- Development of supplier capability via strategic and tactical improvement activities
- Conduct supplier site visits to observe and report on quality systems and material manufacture processes in support of ongoing supplier monitoring
- Analyse, track and report discrepancies and corrective actions taken when vendor products are rejected/returned on receipt or failure post acceptance
- Prepare documentation for inspection / test procedures
- Participate in First Article Inspections at Suppliers
- Participate in Continuous Improvement Projects
Key skills and qualifications:
- Previous experience as a Supplier Quality Engineer within a technology company (ideally mechanical/aerospace)
- Experience working in a supply chain organisation
- Proven experience of driving root cause corrective / preventive action with Suppliers
- Proven background in Quality Assurance and thorough understanding of quality tools and techniques including auditing
- Good technical mechanical and / or electronics engineering knowledge and the ability to read engineering drawings
- Understanding of key quality standards such as AS/EN 9100 and NADCAP
- Good technical engineering knowledge and ability to read engineering drawings
- Supplier relationship management
This is a permanent role based in Wimborne, Dorset and will require 25% travel to suppliers mainly UK based.
Interested in the above role? APPLY TODAY!
Please contact Kate Stevens or Sarah Gilbert to discuss further.