Job title: Supplier Quality Engineer
Salary Range: Competitive
A leading supplier of critical control solutions is seeking a Supplier Quality Engineer to be responsible for Supplier Quality performance, driving root cause analysis and the on-going development of increased supplier capability.
In addition, you will be establishing and developing a supplier approval system, conducting audits and ensuring adherence to Quality Management System requirements. Finally, you will establish quality standards for suppliers who are providing materials per specifications.
- Support the delivery of conforming products to support the business requirements
- Drive supplier non-conformance management and Root Cause Analysis
- Develop suppliers to more effectively support in terms of cost, quality and timeliness;
- Drive supplier quality management in line with company control procedures, and relevant regulatory standards e.g. AS/EN 9100
- Ensure quality assurance for new and existing suppliers through audits, source inspections, First Article Inspection sign-off and change control process management
- Effective flow down of quality requirements to suppliers throughout the product life cycle.
- Development of supplier capability via strategic and tactical improvement activities
- Conduct supplier site visits to observe and report on quality systems and material manufacture processes in support of ongoing supplier monitoring
- Analyse, track and report discrepancies and corrective actions taken when vendor products are rejected/returned on receipt or failure post acceptance
- Prepare documentation for inspection / test procedures
- Participate in First Article Inspections at Suppliers
- Participate in Continuous Improvement Projects
Key skills and qualifications:
- Previous experience as a Supplier Quality Engineer within a technology company (ideally mechanical/aerospace)
- Experience working in a supply chain organisation
- Proven experience of driving root cause corrective / preventive action with Suppliers
- Proven background in Quality Assurance and thorough understanding of quality tools and techniques including auditing
- Good technical mechanical and / or electronics engineering knowledge and the ability to read engineering drawings
- Understanding of key quality standards such as AS/EN 9100 and NADCAP
- Good technical engineering knowledge and ability to read engineering drawings
- Supplier relationship management
This is a permanent role based in Wimborne, Dorset and will require 25% travel to suppliers mainly UK based.
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with knowledge of Supplier Development to develop your career. In return for your experience, this Wimborne based company will offer you:
- Competitive Salary.
- Comprehensive Benefits.
- Career development.
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge of Supplier Quality Development and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Supplier Quality Engineer role, please contact Paul Broadhead at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446 155.