Birmingham, West Midlands
about 2 years ago
Position: Supplier Quality Engineer
Talented Supplier Quality Engineer required by global leading Automotive Tier 1 to work with a European supply chain. As Supplier Quality Engineer, you will join a global organisation working within a site-based procurement team. A highly challenging and volume manufacturing environment, we are seeking an experienced supplier quality professional to plan and execute supplier development activities, identifying and initiating supply base improvements leading to cost, quality and schedule improvements. Responsible for working in partnership with a significant number of suppliers, you will manage relationships across all levels within the organisation and the supplier organisations. Directly managing and delivering a range of continuous improvement projects.
- Responsible for establishing and sustaining supplier quality.
- Champion continuous improvement through an effective supplier rating system.
- Conduct supplier audits and assessments.
- Instigate, progress and close out corrective and preventative actions.
- Focal point for supplier quality issues raised including investigations and reporting of faulty supplied products and quickly address poor performance to mitigate disruption to operations
- Ensure corrective actions are completed to prevent recurrence and quarantine and contain vendor products and progress corrective and preventative action resolutions with vendors.
- Scheduling and conducting vendor assessments and audits, agreeing and approving vendor test methods and conducting goods inspection checks.
- Knowledge of the APQP process and ability to assess PPAP submissions and core documentation.
- Ability to use and apply continuous improvement tools and techniques.
- Improve and maintain the vendor management system for ratings and quality measures, delivery and response characteristics including maintenance of the Approved Vendor List and source and select vendors in conjunction with the Materials Team.
- 3 years' similar experience within a manufacturing, quality or engineering environment (preferably automotive)
- Proven knowledge of Six Sigma and/or Lean preferred
- Significant experience in automotive manufacturing and quality operations.
- Proven track-record of assessing supplier capability, applying lean manufacturing and value stream mapping. Ability to lead cross functional team meetings and define clear improvement action plans.
- Experience with Advanced Quality Planning tools (such as FMEAs, Control Plans, PPAPs, 8D etc), and ability to assure implementation within the supply base.
- Demonstrable ability to work within challenging timelines, managing both short term and long term strategies.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills and ability to influence individuals and groups.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, presentation and facilitation skills at all stakeholder levels. Passionate, driven and enthusiastic attitude.
- In depth knowledge of quality systems, policies, procedures, and ability to apply them to supplier requirements.
Are you a supplier quality professional seeking a new challenge? If so, we can offer an exciting new role with career development, competitive salary and benefits package. Please forward your latest CV directly or alternatively, contact me directly on 01384 446162.