£37000 - £42000.00 per annum + pension, bonus
about 2 years ago
Supplier Quality Engineer
To £41,950 + package
Can you offer previous experience and a proven knowledge of NPI processes and utilising PPAP and APQP processes?
This Supplier Quality Engineer role is primarily focused on NPI and supplier performance & development. You will report to the site APQP Lead, the primary responsibility is to help in pro-actively engaging the Purchasing function & supply base in the NPI process.
Key duties in this Supplier Quality Engineer role will include;
- Project management through each project phase, to deliver a seamless series production launch.
- Assisting with ensuring active global Purchasing participation throughout the design process / stages of NPI (Strategy Phase, Concept Phase, Development Phase, Pilot Phase, and Production Phase).
- Giving specific attention to program monitoring and preparing material for reporting on group performance at regular intervals, dictated by project gateways and updates to KPI's at regular review points.
- Ensuring material is ordered to support PD builds in a timely manner, through to governance to ensure supplier PPAP submission performance is in line with plan
- Ongoing role development will be with the Fabrications Supplier Development Engineer, where the primary responsibility of the incumbent is to help with development of new and existing suppliers worldwide, in terms of Quality, Cost, Logistics, Development, Management (QCLDM).
- Offering leadership in resolution of quality problems associated with purchased materials through to warranty cost recovery related to supplier quality.
- Leadership in APQP activity, engaging Engineering personnel to achieve cost effective, manufacturable designs, resulting in robust PPAP completion.
Desired skills and education for this role will include;
- A Degree in Engineering / Manufacturing or equivalent extensive experience.
- Demonstrable computer skills i.e. data analysis (Excel) and presentation (PowerPoint) necessary.
- The ability to communicate at all levels and the ability to listen to others, along with the ability to work on own initiative is key.
- A solid ability to use and demonstrate statistical and problem-solving tools is required.
If keen to learn more about this Supplier Quality Engineer role please contact Grant Nisbet at Jonathan Lee Recruitment