New opportunity for a Supplier Quality Engineer to work for a world leader in aircraft landing and braking systems.
- Joining the Supplier Quality Team your role as Supplier Quality Engineer will be responsible for:
- Assessing and approving process and system capabilities externally, conducting Product, Process system and GRP0087 audits to assess suppliers for compliance.
- Working closely with internal manufacturing, you will provide assistance and provide advice on parts transferring externally.
- You will form strong links with our suppliers to ensure seamless New Product introduction and facilitate transition of parts within the supply base.
- Your communication style, both oral and verbal, will allow you to promote Lean principals and allow you to train and develop suppliers in FMEA, Statistical methods and other quality tools in line with our DVI processes.
- You will maintain the DK6000 approved vendor database and other databases as required with the appropriate documented reports.
- You will also conduct any other duties requested which, are directly associated with the role.
You must hold a full driving licence and current passport and have a willingness to travel to all continents at short notice.
Candidate skills & experience:
- The ideal applicant will be HNC or graduate calibre and have an in-depth, working knowledge of Quality Management System implementation, ideally to recognised Aerospace standards (AS9100 & 9102).
- You will be competent in the application of quality standards and procedure and have strong problem solving methods to support the business and supply base as appropriate.
- The ideal candidate will be an experienced Auditor, preferably as Lead Assessor level and you must hold a full driving licence and passport as overseas travel will be a prerequisite part of the role.
This a permanent role working for a well-known aircraft equipment manufacturer based in Gloucester.
If you are interested in the above role? Please contact Sarah Davies on 01384 446 143.