over 1 year ago
Job title: Supplier Quality Engineer
Salary Range: Up to £32.00 per hour LTD
Industry: Off-Highway Diesel Engines
A Supplier Quality Engineer opportunity has become available for one of the world’s leading manufacturers of off-highway machinery and diesel and natural gas engines.
This Supplier Quality role is fundamentally a reactive quality role responding to the daily quality issues found in the manufacturing facility.
A sense of urgency is vital. From the initial concern the SQE will confirm the problem and determine a short-term action plan with the facility management and the supplier. The objective being to ensure the manufacturing operations can continue operations without a detrimental impact to the process from a quality perspective. In conclusion the job manages the Corrective Action Process on Supplier Related Quality Issues. Deliver Global Leverage with Local Service Excellence.
Range of activities from containment to PCA:
- Identify poor quality part, remove off line and replace it
- Liaises with supplier for them to inspect and find defect
- Updates supplier documentation
To apply for this Supplier Quality Engineer position you should have some of the following:
- The position requires a bachelor’s degree – or equivalent experience, preferably in engineering
- The position requires an engineering or manufacturing background plus familiarity with manufacturing processes used to produce components and assemblies.
- Knowledge of shop operations and maintenance procedures is required.
- Must have onsite containment skills, ideally with experience of dealing with suppliers
- Basic understanding of IQA & RTV process.
- Basic understanding of material containment protocols.
- Prepared to travel (on occasion) to Suppliers as required (Usually UK Based).
- Work with Supplier Development Engineers on STOP / FIX activity with suppliers.
- Ability to interpret engineering drawings and specification with regard to supplier components.
- Good working knowledge of testing and measurement systems to undertake issue investigation and analysis.
- Ability to review defined supplier defects to confirm non-conformance defined is correct.
- Ability to assess supplier 8D submissions and challenge if appropriate.
Please contact James Tilley for more details on the SQE role.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.