Supplier Quality Engineer - West Midlands - Permanent - Aerospace Industry
A Supplier Quality Engineer is required with a strong technical background combined with the ability to manager supplier quality performance. Experience of operating in the Aerospace industry would be well received.
Due to the continued success and growth this company, a globally recognised manufacturer of complex aerospace components and systems based in the West Midlands area, requires a customer focused and meticulous Supplier Quality Engineer for a new permanent role.
As the Supplier Quality Engineer, you will be responsible for the following:
- Manage the businesses supplier base to ensure quality standards are maintained and issues are resolved in a timely and efficient manner
- Responsible for the resolution of complex dimensional and process matters within the supply chain to ensure OTIF is achieved
- Monitor supplier performances and using robust analytical tools and processes, implementing corrective actions when necessary
- Provide internal support to the business through daily meetings to identify and resolve production build related supplier quality issues
- Conduct on-site supplier audits/evaluations to determine compliance with the businesses Industry Standards
The Supplier Quality Engineer must have the following:
- Degree in an Engineering related field or relevant quality manufacturing experience
- Operated in a Supplier Quality function within a complex engineering environment
- Conversant with continuous improvement methodologies, techniques and associated tools
- Knowledge of Aerospace quality standards AS9100 series
- NADCAP experience would be a distinct advantage but not essential
- Experience utilising various problem-solving techniques such as 8D, 5Y and Ishikawa
- Able to validate supplier performances
- Must have the ability to manage multiple assignments
- Able to travel up to c3 times per week.
In return, the SQE roles is offering a competitive salary plus a company car and is complemented by a generous employee benefits package.
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge of Supplier Quality Management and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Supplier Quality Engineer role, please contact Neil Cayley at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446114.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.