Supplier Quality Engineer - Coventry - Permanent - Defence Industry
A Supplier Quality Engineer is required with knowledge of supplier development. Candidates with experience in metal fabrication and/or electrical harness manufacture would be well received.
Due to the continued success and growth this company, a global leader in advanced low weight, high performance armour systems based in the Coventry area requires a motivated and detailed Supplier Quality Engineer with strong supplier development techniques or a new permanent role.
As the Supplier Quality Engineer, you will be required to:
- Develop suppliers using various techniques with subsequent execution.
- Understand and interpret engineering drawings.
- Carryout supplier audits and report on Key Performance Indicators.
- Review supplier manufacturing processes and collaborate with suppliers on process improvement and value enhancement opportunities.
- Carryout and coach in Material Review Boards, Root Cause Corrective Action, Non-Conformance Management, design and development phases of programmes and support the link between Goods-In and the relevant manufacturing facility.
- Work with Engineering, Design and Manufacturing departments to define process parameters ensuring that supplier process capability is effective to meet design intent.
- Support the Product Introduction Management process to ensure that the supplier chain can meets the required standards.
The Supplier Quality Engineer should have the following skills or experience:
- HND/HNC in manufacturing/engineering or relevant experience
- Experience in Metal Fabrication and Electrical Harness manufacture would be beneficial.
- Knowledge of measurement techniques including Metrology, Inspection Methods and Equipment.
- Working knowledge of ISO9001:2015 is required and an understanding of ISO14001:2015, ISO45001:2018 would advantageous but not essential.
- Must be strong and robust team player who can identify issues, self-starter and can provide tangible benefit to the product, process and service.
- Must be able to work efficiently and effectively as an individual and part of a wider team.
- Experienced Supplier Quality Engineer having prior successes working with suppliers throughout the design, development & production phases.
- Proficient in all Microsoft Packages.
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge of Supplier Development Techniques and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Supplier Quality Engineer role, please contact Neil Cayley at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446114.