A Supplier Quality Engineer is required for a leading defence organisation based in Coventry. This position will be an integral role within the Quality Team and will require an individual with extensive supplier development experience within the defence sector or similar a similar domain and relevant production environment supplier quality assurance skills.
As the Supplier Quality Engineer you will be working for a world leader in advanced performance composite materials across our clients range of armoured protection products for both people and vehicles. These products can range from helmets, body plates, bomb disposal suits through to armoured vehicles providing a highly effective shield with outstanding ballistic and mechanical performance.
Due to our client being awarded a major UK Ministry of Defence (MoD) contract they are now seeking to recruit this role with immediate effect. The Supplier Quality Engineer will be accountable for the following:
- Strong knowledge of supplier development techniques and execution.
- Understanding and interpretation of engineering drawings and geometric tolerancing.
- Carryout supplier audits and report on Key Performance Indicators through objective assessments of supply chain performance and product quality.
- Review supplier manufacturing processes and collaborate with suppliers on process improvement and value enhancement opportunities.
- Carryout and coach in Material Review Boards, Root Cause Corrective Action, Non-Conformance Management, design and development phases of programmes and support the link between Goods-In and the relevant manufacturing facility.
- Work with Engineering, Design and Manufacturing departments to define process parameters ensuring that supplier process capability is effective to meet design intent.
- Support the Product Introduction Management process to ensure that the supplier chain can meets the required standards.
- Knowledge and experience of coaching and developing internal and external stakeholders in Quality Assurance Tools such as PFMEA, DFMEA, Control Plans, First Article Inspection Reports and Part Submission Warrants.
- Working knowledge of ISO9001:2015, ISO14001:2015, ISO45001:2018 and Defence AQAP’s.
We are seeking an experienced Quality Engineer degree or HND/HNC qualified in an appropriate engineering discipline. Experience in metal fabrication and electrical harness manufacturing would be highly beneficial, along with a proven background with programmes throughout the design, development and production phases. You will be expected to communicate effectively on a technical level with peers, management groups and customers.
If you would like to discuss this Supplier Quality Engineer role and our client in more detail then please call 01384 446165 and ask for Les Hines or send an email and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.