Supplier Quality Assurance Engineer: Automotive Tier 1 Manufacturer and Supplier
Up to £37k
37.50 hours per week
25 days per annum + 8 bank holidays
Pension contributions: 3% employee and 2% employer
Regular travel will be required
This organisation is a global Tier I supplier of interior systems and components with leading market shares across its product lines. The core products consist of Instrument Panels & Consoles, Door Systems, and Headliner and Overhead Systems. They supplier into the majority of UK Auto OEMS.
The business has asked us to assist in the recruitment of a Supplier Quality Engineer.
As part of the Procurement Team the Supplier Quality Assurance Engineer works closely together with the plant supplier quality resources, program launch and purchasing resources to achieve the corporate supply base development and supplier performance objectives.
Principle Accountability of the SQA Engineer
- Auditing of suppliers
- Development of suppliers on-site within Central and Eastern Europe
- Facilitate the supplier escalation process
- Support VA/VE activities
- Support in supplier risk assessments
- Corrective and preventive action review and follow up
- Provide input to Approved Supplier List
- Maintain a corporate IT supplier reporting/rating system
- Communicate and align activities between Corporate SQA and plant SQA
- Support maintenance of the Supplier Requirements Manual
- Interaction with the commodity and program buyers
- Support SQA4ALL initiatives
- Support Program Quality with ASQ activities at the supply base
- Supplier days & supplier launch readiness reviews
- Supplier APQP & PPAP verification's
- On-site witness of capacity verification's
Education and experiences we are looking for in a SQA Engineer
- Engineer in business engineering, chemistry, machinery or mechanics or equivalent
- through experience.
- experience in the automotive industry, ideally in a quality related
- position in a multinational environment
- Extensive knowledge of advanced quality planning and product validation tools (APQP,
- PPAP, VDA6,…) and of customer requirements.
- Good working knowledge of quality management systems (ISO9000, IATF 16949,VDA6,…).
- Basic knowledge of VA/VE and TPM
- Good communication skills.
- Excellent team player
- Excellent Computer Literacy including MS-Office, MS-Project, Lotus Notes
This is an excellent role for the right candidate, and it offers genuine career progression within a global manufacturing organisation.