Job title: SQA Engineer
Salary Range: Competitive
An SQA Engineer is required with a strong knowledge of core quality tools and quality management systems IATF 16949/ISO 9000. Candidates with experience of the Automotive industry would be well received.
Due to growth this company based in Birmingham requires a forward thinking SQA Engineer to lead the efforts to develop, implement and maintain supply base strategies from a quality perspective and support the organisation in meeting supplier quality related goals.
- Auditing of suppliers
- Development of suppliers on-site within Central and Eastern Europe
- Facilitate the supplier escalation process
- Support in supplier risk assessments
- Corrective and preventive action review and follow up
- Provide input to Approved Supplier List
- Maintain a corporate IT supplier reporting/rating system
- Communicate and align activities between Corporate SQA and plant SQA
- Support maintenance of the Supplier Requirements Manual
- Interaction with the commodity and program buyers
- Support Program Quality with ASQ activities at the supply base
- Supplier days & supplier launch readiness reviews
- Supplier APQP & PPAP verifications
- On-site witness of capacity verifications
The SQA Engineer should have the following skills or experience:
- Engineer in business engineering, chemistry, machinery or mechanics or equivalent through experience.
- Experience in a quality related position within the automotive industry
- Extensive knowledge of advanced quality planning and product validation tools (APQP, PPAP, VDA6) and of customer requirements.
- Good working knowledge of quality management systems (ISO9000, IATF 16949, VDA6).
- Basic knowledge of VA/VE and TPM
- Good communication skills.
- Excellent team player
- Excellent Computer Literacy including MS-Office, MS-Project, Lotus Notes
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the SQA Engineer role, please contact Georgia Silk at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446 147.