Supplier Parts Quality Engineer opportunity to work for a luxury automotive manufacturer based in Halewood.
This role supports the plant Manufacturing and Engineering teams to resolve Right First Time and Quality Audit concerns resulting from supplier part quality concerns.
- Providing Engineer supporting with technical and Practical Problem solving skills.
- Liaising with the supplier and the wider STA team, using technical and practical problem solving skills to support and improve supplier performance in current model activities.
- Support relevant commodity sub systems and cross functional work groups to root cause and problem solve complex quality concerns.
- Work with STA community to escalate major concerns and manage poor performing suppliers
- Support supplier related gate hold and Stop Ship activities to minimise impact on plant metrics.
- Key point of contact for supplier parts quality concerns within the manufacturing facility.
- Practical problem solving, understanding the Six Sigma DMAIC process and the analytical tools to support.
- Relationship building / Excellent Communication Skills
- Manufacturing Experience
- Candidate must have experience of working in a manufacturing environment
- Must have had some experience of working with suppliers or quality departments in previous job roles
- Understanding of chassis and powertrain commodities
- Engineering background would be desirable but not essential
- Problem solving qualifications such as 6 Sigma would also be desirable
- Candidate will be predominantly based in Halewood manufacturing plant but may be required to visit local supplier base so a driving licence is essential.
- End date 30th September 2019
If you would like to know more about this role, please contact Kate Stevens or Sarah Gilbert at Jonathan Lee Recruitment.