Supplier Development Engineer - Procurement
Attractive salary, plus benefits package.
As a Supplier Development Engineer for procurement, you will be responsible for managing and leading the execution of supplier improvement activities within your allocated suppliers ensuring they have short and long-term improvement plans in place, resources to deliver and that they execute the required changes necessary to provide long term sustainable performance. This is a fast paced, manufacturing environment where quality and delivery from the supplier base is vital.
This is a new position within the purchasing function and as such the role will initially report directly to the Head of Purchasing.
You will deliver all VAVE (Value Add-Value Engineering) cost reductions generated through Commodity Buyer/supplier activity as well as VAVE professional.
This will involve project managing the realisation of these ideas, setting up action/timing plans and holding regular review meetings with various departments and stakeholders as well as Sales, Engineering and Suppliers both in the UK and Europe.
In conjunction with the Commodity Buyer you will be expected to investigate alternative suppliers globally to enable the most competitive costs to be obtained for both existing as well as new business and you will carry out full supply chain analysis involving commercial, logistic, capacity, pre-audit and risk. Strong presentation, negotiation and influencing skills are key as you will present findings for evaluation and recommendation to Head of Purchasing and Purchasing Section Manager.
As Supplier Development for Procurement you will ideally have the following skills and experiences:
- Preferable Degree qualification.
- Demonstrable experience within Process Engineering or Quality or a demonstration of Supplier Development and /or VAVE
- Strong Project Management skills
- Experience within a medium/high volume fast paced manufacturing environment (Automotive an advantage).
- Understanding of production processes and cost drivers.
- Understanding of product / component evaluation and functionality requirements.
- Good communication skills
- Confidence to negotiate with suppliers at a high level.
- Ability to collate, review, analyse and present data
- Ability to lead multifunctional team to enable changes to be realised in a timely manner
Flexibility and the ability to travel within the UK and globally as and when required.
This is a new role for the business and one with huge potential that could develop into a more senior position for the right candidate. If you are interested, please apply or contact