Job title: Supplier Development Engineer
Job type: 6-12 month contract
Location: Hemel Hempstead (travel required to UK suppliers, predominantly on the South Coast of England)
A Supplier Development Engineer is required with knowledge of continuous improvement and problem solving methods. Candidates with experience of the Aerospace industry would be well received.
An engineering solutions company requires a results driven Supplier Development Engineer with manufacturing, quality or operations management experience for a 6-12 month contract.
As a Supplier Development Engineer you will be responsible for the tactical and strategic improvement in the operational performance of a set of suppliers to a key aerospace customer. The candidate will work as part of central supplier performance improvement team and will have to develop effective working relationships with key stakeholders in the customer organisation, as well as the supplier organisations.
The successful candidate will be required to:
- Partner with key suppliers to pursue continuous improvement, problem solving, and waste elimination with the objective of improving performance to the customer organisation.
- Drive problem resolution process at supplier, including the ability to lead problem solving teams
- Provide supplier quality and delivery oversight, analysis, and performance tracking
- Lead the implementation of quality clinics
- Effectively identify and communicate risks to supplier performance to all key stakeholders
- Provide delivery assurance on critical parts and work with supply chain on tactical improvements to expedite parts affecting module build and delivery on major programs.
- Provide Line of Balance and WIP Tracking on critical parts.
- Regular review of order book with supply chain and mitigate any potential risks related with demand, raw material, capacity and resource.
The Supplier Development Engineer should have the following skills or experience:
- Experience with ISO-9001 and/or AS9100 requirements; QS9000, ISO13485, TS-16949, a plus
- Experience with capacity analysis and production readiness tools.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and complete multiple projects and objectives, simultaneously
- Demonstrated ability to work under different timelines and to manage in parallel short term imperatives and long term strategies
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills and ability to influence individuals and groups
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, presentation and facilitation skills
- Experience with assessing supplier capability, applying lean manufacturing and value stream mapping
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with knowledge of quality systems, policies and procedures within a manufacturing environment to develop your career. In return for your experience, this Hemel Hempstead based Aerospace company will offer you an hourly rate of between £30.00 and £35.00
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge of APQP, PPAP and FMEA's and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Supplier Development Engineer role, please contact Georgia Silk at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446147.