Job title: Supplier Development Engineer
Salary Range: Competitive
A Supplier Development Engineer is required to manage supplier development initiatives with key suppliers within Germany. Candidates with experience of Supplier continuous Improvement, problem solving and improving performance would be well received.
This global Aerospace company, requires a detailed and outstanding Supplier Development Engineer who can strategically improve supplier operational performance from suppliers within Germany. As a Supplier Development Engineer you will be required to:
- Partner with key suppliers to pursue continuous improvement, problem solving, waste elimination with the objective of improving performance to the business units.
- Implement proactive and reactive strategies and tools to drive performance improvements in the supply base.
- Drive problem resolution process at supplier, incl. ability to lead problem solving teams.
- Drive problem resolution process at supplier, incl. ability to lead problem solving teams
- Provide supplier quality and delivery oversight, analysis, and performance tracking
- Lead the implementation of quality clinics and supplier gold at suppliers
- Perform capacity assessments at Suppliers on behalf of the business units.
- Develop and execute action plans to address opportunities in supply base
- Analyse strategic quality and delivery performance data
- Report results to the internal customers at various levels of the organisation.
- involve internal customers in problem resolution when needed.
- Contribute to the advancement of tools and techniques in the Supplier Performance teams.
As a Supplier Development Engineer, you should have the following skills or experience:
- 4 - 6 years experience minimum in manufacturing, quality or engineering
- ACE or equivalent certification in Six Sigma and/or Lean preferred
- Significant experience in manufacturing and quality operations
- Experience with assessing supplier capability, applying lean manufacturing and value stream mapping
- Experience with Advanced Quality Planning tools (such as FMEAs, Control Plans, PPAPs, etc), and ability to assure implementation within the supply base
- Experience with capacity analysis and production readiness tools.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and complete multiple projects and objectives, simultaneously
- Demonstrated ability to work under different time lines and to manage in parallel short term imperatives and long term strategies
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills and ability to influence individuals and groups
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, presentation and facilitation skills
- Experience with ISO-9001 and/or AS9100 requirements; QS9000, ISO13485, TS-16949, a plus
- Knowledge of theory and application of statistical concepts
- In depth knowledge of quality systems, policies, procedures, and ability to apply them to supplier requirements
- Frequent travel requirement to suppliers
- Language English / German : Professional.
- Resident in Germany.
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with knowledge and experience of Supplier improvement and development within Aerospace supply chain to develop your career. In return for your experience, this Aerospace high technology company will offer you:
- Competitive Salary.
- Comprehensive Benefits.
- Career development.
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge and experience of Supplier improvement and development and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Supplier Development Engineer role, please contact Paul Broadhead at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 0044 1384 446 155.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.