£25 - 30 per hour
about 2 months ago
Supplier Development Engineer
Up to £30/hr - Inside IR35
12 month initial contract
A Supplier Development Engineer opportunity has become available for one of the world’s leading manufacturers of off-highway machinery and diesel and natural gas engines.
- Working as part of the Aftermarket Quality and Packaging team you will ensure that our supply base is able to meet corporate and business unit quality targets.
- You will work closely with the Claims and Returns department to help resolve customer quality complaints.
- You will be responsible for the quality management of 400+ supplier base worldwide, with annual receipts of 17,000,000 pieces and an annual spend of £92m.
- You will work alongside the Quality Manger for the Aftermarket business and provide support in monitoring the performance of the Aftermarket Supply base using PPM performance.
- You will establish and maintain excellent relationships with suppliers to ensure superior quality and a gold standard performance is maintained for all Packaging solutions.
- For suppliers where quality is poor, you will identify the root causes and develop any action plans to resolve issues and bring the standards of quality back up.
- You will support the Aftermarket sourcing strategy and provide technical leadership in new supplier selection and addition.
- You will be responsible for a Customer base in excess of a 1000 Global Distributors and Dealers for the Aftermarket.
- The role will liaise with a Third Party Logistics (3PL) aftermarket operation.
Skills and Experience:
- Applicants will possess a thorough knowledge of relevant quality concepts, certifications, processes and tools Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP), Production Part Approval Process (PPAP), Failure Modes & Effects Analysis (FMEA), and Continuous Process Improvement (CPI).
- Experience in Inventory Management and relevant systems are desired.
- Applicants will have sound knowledge of both Inbound and Outbound Warehousing operations.
- Applicants ideally will have previous experience of using integrated a CRM system such as SAP.
- An Engineering or Manufacturing background plus familiarity with manufacturing processes used to produce components and assemblies for spare parts and products would be desirable.
- Strong communication skills are essential, able to confidently articulate ideas and solutions.
- Lean Six (6) Sigma experience (highly desirable).
- Excellent PC skills in: MS Excel (VBA), MS PowerPoint and MS Word.
- University degree or equivalent commercial experience required.
To apply for this position please send your CV to email@example.com
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.